586,076 active members*
3,757 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking > WoodWorking Topics > Alphacam with Wadkin ux Problems

Smile Alphacam with Wadkin ux Problems

Hi
    Im totally new to CNC and Alpha cam, we have Bought a wadkin ux twin head we also have a pc with alphacam standard and alpha edit pre installed, we are having lots of problems trying to get them to talk to each other has anybody got any help for me it has a bosch cc100 controlle, everytime we try and send the gcode over to it it comes up with an error on the wadkin error 216 incorrect file format

Quote Originally Posted by mawdew View Post
    Hi
    Im totally new to CNC and Alpha cam, we have Bought a wadkin ux twin head we also have a pc with alphacam standard and alpha edit pre installed, we are having lots of problems trying to get them to talk to each other has anybody got any help for me it has a bosch cc100 controlle, everytime we try and send the gcode over to it it comes up with an error on the wadkin error 216 incorrect file format
    I'm not familiar with any of your setup, but it can be something as simple as the Wadkin not recognizing the filename extension. Filename.nc is typical for some software like Mach3 and others use something else. For example, EMC2 software wants filename.ngc. Otherwise the gcode is the same. Some gcode has line numbers included and some gcode doesn't. You need to find out what the Wadkins needs as for as filename and gcode formatting.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Smile

Hi
    I did a quick Drawing in alphacam then output as a file choosing post prossor bosch cc100 header would this be the correct one for the wadkin??? there is another one called bosch cc100 (dfs)

Or would I need one just for my wadkin?? and if so were would I get one from

cheers

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by CarveOne View Post
    I'm not familiar with any of your setup, but it can be something as simple as the Wadkin not recognizing the filename extension. Filename.nc is typical for some software like Mach3 and others use something else. For example, EMC2 software wants filename.ngc. Otherwise the gcode is the same. Some gcode has line numbers included and some gcode doesn't. You need to find out what the Wadkins needs as for as filename and gcode formatting.

CarveOne

Call AlphaCAM, but have your wallet ready.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Smile

They tell me i need a post processor just for my machine, do you know where i can get one from???

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Call AlphaCAM, but have your wallet ready.

Quote Originally Posted by mawdew View Post
    They tell me i need a post processor just for my machine, do you know where i can get one from???
    You need to contact the machine manufacturer, typically they will supply the post processor (s).

Smile

wadkin no longer going there is a new company taken over bit they will need to do a site visit and want lots of cash, there must be someone out there with a wadkin ux twin head router using alphacam i just need to find them not an easy task

Quote Originally Posted by jweinhold View Post
    You need to contact the machine manufacturer, typically they will supply the post processor (s).

Have you had any success with this as I used to run this setup a few years ago

I used to run this setup a few years ago.Are you still having problems?

Is your problem solved. i work for AC in southa africa. inbox me for assistance.