586,060 active members*
4,311 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help needed for Artsign JSM 3060

I have purchased a laser engraver Artsign JSM 3060 with parallel port some time ago. I have installed the Newlydraw software on my computer but there seem to be no communication between the laser engraver and the LPT port of my computer. I am looking for the name of the printer driver which has to be installed on my computer. Can somebody who has such an engraver tell me the name of the printer printer, please ?

Communications is handled directly by Newlydraw, and does not require a Windows print driver. Your laser will not show up in 'Printers'.

What OS are you using, if it is Vista or W7 you may not be able to connect. I suggest XP Home as the easiest platform.

Zax.

Thanks Zax. I have tried with Windows XP and it worked fine. Do you have an idea on how I could make the machine cut the profile of a shape drawn on plain paper or in a photograph ?

Lavaldio

If you scan a shape that is drawn on paper you will then need to convert the raster image to a vector. Corel would be a cheap start for this kind of conversion.

Zax.

3060 U Laser Cutter Error 5

I'm setting up a 3060U laser cutter. Seems like everything is working except it wont cut!
    I can move frame, draw frame, do xy offsets but when it comes to engraving/cutting, I get a "link error 5" message.
    The software is installed correctly (newlydraw), I've done the laser trst from MBK International, The machine is grounded and my computer recognises the driver. It seems like the computer is communicating with the cutter but still getting this error message when I try to engrave.
    I'm running Vista but can't imagine it making a difference as the computer is responding to all other inputs.
    Any ideas would be appreciated?

Quote Originally Posted by slingblade333 View Post
    I'm setting up a 3060U laser cutter. Seems like everything is working except it wont cut!
    I can move frame, draw frame, do xy offsets but when it comes to engraving/cutting, I get a "link error 5" message.
    The software is installed correctly (newlydraw), I've done the laser trst from MBK International, The machine is grounded and my computer recognises the driver. It seems like the computer is communicating with the cutter but still getting this error message when I try to engrave.
    I'm running Vista but can't imagine it making a difference as the computer is responding to all other inputs.
    Any ideas would be appreciated?
    Hi,It not strange that the machine can cut when you use the Newlydraw softwre.
    Maybe the price of the machine is a little low because the low cost software :-)
    If you hope the machine can engrave and cut,you must choose the Lasercut software,the more professional software.
    You can link by http://cgi.ebay.com.hk/ws/eBayISAPI....STRK:MESELX:IT

I had vista too and same communication error, the company i had mine from said you should use xp its more stable to run the laser from, i switched to xp and all was fine.