586,112 active members*
3,201 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > conversational software

conversational software

We have a older Miltronic mill that has conversationsal software. I was programming movements and had a problem I do not understand. The machine is at work so I will try to explain the problem from memory.
    I was doing line movements milling a square out. I punch in the x and y starting positons and the x and y ending positions. When I came to the point that I should have ended up in the same position the table went further than I expected. A example would be the first movement was, x= + .850, y=-1.400
    tool on right side. The last program I type in the same positon but the table moved passed the +.850 positon on the x axis. I had to type in + 1.00 to keep from running in a shoulder. Through out the programming I put tool on right side. I thought it would end up in the same positon I started at. I thought because the tool on right side that the outside of the tool would endup at the same positon as started. I know I might not have put in enough information to help someone understand my problem, but I thought I would give it a shot on someone having the same problem.

Does the control/program use cutter compensation? If so the solution could just be a case of a putting in a departure move away from the contour, simultaneously cancelling cutter compensation.

Some controls can cancel cutter compensation whilst retracting in Z, some will need that departure movement. It is also easier to approach/depart somewhere along the edge of the square rather than the corner, that way if the cutter overruns it won't matter too much.

DP

It allows a input asking which side the cutter is on and also ask for the size of the cutter. The machine is only two axes with cnc control. I think when I input thet x position and moving clockwise it puts the cutter on the right side as inputed. but when it goess to the next position x would still be on the right side and y would be on the right side. But the next movement would still have x on the right side but y could be on the side not wanted because it must go to the dimension placed in which would put the full cutter in that positon and not the edge of the cutter. Then the next movement would put x at the imput dimension and y on the right side. where as x could travel again the whole cutter diameter instead of the edge of the cutter. I am milling out a pocket put doing this with line movement instead of using the software on the machine that is just for pockets. The reason for this is that if I just mill out a pocket the machine will stop and ask for a z axis check. I am trying to mill without stopping until I can machine out 2 pocket each on the side of a step that has radius's on the corners. I want to keep the same depth without moving the z axes. This may not make any sense the way I am explaining the problem.