586,094 active members*
3,649 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Robofil 300 Operating System Loss

I have a Robofil 300 that has started loosing its opertaing system if it is powered off for very long. I believe the batterys that power the ram when the machine is off need replacing. Has anyone tried replacing the battries themselves?

That happened on our Roboform 30....We replaced the batteries ourselves. It was a bit tricky though. Charmilles should be able to give you some advice

I just did on our 2000. The 3 batteries were $16 each from Charmilles. They were soldered to the board so have to be somwhat carful to not let a bit of solder get under some other chip on the board.

Thanks guys, I have some on order.

robofil 300 doesn't start

When I try to start our robofil 300 it does not intialize. I think we had it turned off too long, and lost the startup parameters. Anyone know how i Can reload them?

It is not possible to loose the machine parameters, they are all backuped in Eprom.
    Have you just try to reload the software?

Then please put more detail in case of you'll need further help

When I sty to initialize the machine, is freezes, and the buttons become unresponsive.

I meant, when I try to intialize the machine, the buttons become inoperable. the only way I can get them to work again is to turn off power, and then start again.

As I said in my previous "post", have you tried to reload the software? It looks that the machine has losen part of the SW.
    On such old machines it is always adviced to reload the software when it has been off for more than 72 hours, also in case of strange behaviour.
    If following that your problem will remaind the same this will show that you are facing a hardware problem, I hope not.
    One thing that you can also do, it is to load the diagnostic software of course if you still have the disk and to test the machine to know if everything is going well.

If you still need help.Email me [email protected]. Alex

How do I initialize?

I am also having problems with this. How do I initialize this machine and what exactly does this do?

Shawn

I am also having problems with this. How do I initialize this machine and what exactly does this do?

depress the blue key while powering up, then select "initilize"
    Registered Linux User #348337
    EMC2 Rocks!!!!

Smile

Teh 290 ,300,310,500,510 with Charmilles control ,have this intialize option.
    These machines are initilized, by holding down one of the buttons on the control panel. The greeen cycle start key, or the blue key. Any of thoses keys will work even the up arrow key. Hold down any of those keys ,while powering up the machine. Once this is done, you will have four options.
    1.- initialize, this will clear all alarms and set the generator and programs back to default. Your generator setting will have an E0 loaded, and the program will have to be restarted. initialize is more like an all reset.
    2.- Continue.- this option is their in case you have some alarms that just wont clear, you can select this option, your progrma will continue to cut from where it was paused, its just going to continue from where it stopped due to alarms, accidently you shut the machine off. The only problem is, the graph will not be present, thats the only thing you will loose.

3.- Monitor, this is for service, ...

4.- Load, this is the option where you load your software, before selecting this key, make sure you have disk #1 inserted in the drive .

any questions let me know. thanks.
    excuse the spelling and grammer, Dam HS teacher gave me a "D".

Robofil 200

I have used this procedure on my Robofil 200 and when I 'Continuer' the screen goes blank and all the keys but power off are unresponsive. I also have to load the system software after every power down by using the 'Chargeur' selection. I could sure use a manual for this thing.

Shawn

Well this is very simple. if you shut the machine down, and your bsatteries are dead. Well, i believe its time to replace them assuming their not leaking.
    The batteries when brand new, can save your software when machine shuts down for a maximum of 72 hours. "i havent seen it last 72 hours myself in the 15 years working for Charmilles".
    but, if you have to reaload software everytime, check your batteries, replace them anyway, that way theirs no doubt.
    try to find a third party vendor. Charmilles i believe charges your home, plus your first born .lol.lol just kidding.
    take care bud.

Batteries are on order

Thanks for the tip on the batteries. I have them on order and a few other parts.

Shawn