586,060 active members*
3,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Useing lathe canned cycles in Predator

Useing lathe canned cycles in Predator

I posted this in the Bobcad support forums but thought id try here as well.
    I learned how to change the control in Predator to something other than the default Fanuc 16TA. 90% of our lathes are Okuma OSP5000 controls and when i post lathe code useing canned cycles the Predator backplot does not simulate the canned cycles. If i post useing a Fanuc OT lathe post , predator will simulate the canned cycles when useing the Fanuc 16TA control.

I am getting ready to start training a few employees on Okuma lathe programming and i would love to be able to use the Predator backplot as a quick way for them to test their skills.

So my question is, does anyone know enough about editing the Predator lathe .rpl files to explain how to fix this? I spent hours yesterday trying to get it working to no avail. There is no OSP 5000 control in Predator but the OSP 7000 control should work the same with basic Okuma canned cycles. I tried posting the G code with OSP 7000 lathe post and OSP 5000 lathe post. I tried editing the OSP 7000 control .rpl file but i dont see anything that looks wrong besides the G80 being set as "last line in cycle" rather than "canned cycle cancel".

I uploaded a copy of the OSP 7000 L.rpl file. I copy pasted it into a .txt file so i could upload it.
    Attached Files Attached Files