586,113 active members*
3,195 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc o numeric keyboard problems

Fanuc o numeric keyboard problems

I have recently aquired a vertical mill with a fanuc O-A control. The numeric keypad had been damaged and the board had coolant in the contacts. I ordered new circuit board and membranes for the machine. It works ok other than the 5,Y key does not work. All other keys work. Can you disable a key with a paramiter? Not sure what the former owner did with this machine. Can I look at a paramiter while pressing the button to see if I am getting a signal? I opened the honda conectors and the wires were all attached to pins. Not sure where to start trouble shoting. Any help apreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by gorton22 View Post
    I have recently aquired a vertical mill with a fanuc O-A control. The numeric keypad had been damaged and the board had coolant in the contacts. I ordered new circuit board and membranes for the machine. It works ok other than the 5,Y key does not work. All other keys work. Can you disable a key with a paramiter? Not sure what the former owner did with this machine. Can I look at a paramiter while pressing the button to see if I am getting a signal? I opened the honda conectors and the wires were all attached to pins. Not sure where to start trouble shoting. Any help apreciated.
    No there are no parameters.
    Have you sure none of the other buttons are broken

I suggest you investigate the button or the cable
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

(keyboard 38.3)
    parameter #38.3 selects between full keyboard layout and mini key layout. I worked on a milling machine that this would change on it's own every few months or so. When it did this the keys would not work right.

I have a similar problem on a Fanuc 10T. The difference is that the keys start working after spraying contact cleaner under the click pads, but they only work for a few hours. Then either the same or a few other keys stops working. I have repeated the above about 10 times over two days so I doubt the keyboard actually needs more cleaning. The question is what causes it to work for a while? I tried to only disconnect, reconnect. That did not work. I tried to reboot, but the same keys sill did not work. Only the cleaning seems to work. The aerosol label states it leaves no residue, but maybe it does?

My Fadal keyboard also does this but very rarely. If a key dont respond I just push it harder or many times and then it works again. A tech at fadal suggested it was a sign one of the boards (CPU board maybe) was starting to give up. Could it be the same on a Fanuc?

Andy

Fanuc TapeCut Control Keys on Halt!

I have Fanuc Tape Cut W0 machine I just bought. It went idle for quite a long time and now when I switched it ON there were no errors but the control keys (MDI,EDT, etc) are not working at all however the softkeys at CRT are responding.

Currently the LED of 'JOG' key is on with 'x100' key LED but cant switch it over to EDT, MDI, niether do the x1000 etc works.

Can anybody suggest a solution?

Regards

you may have a stuck key. for example JOG may be pressed in and making contact. You will need to remove the keypad and inspect it carefully. clean the contacts while you are there. or possibly there is a stuck input on the logic board at the other end of the keypad where the cable plugs in. or maybe just simple corrosion from lack of use. try cleaning it first (contacts and connectors).

Fordav11: mate thanks for your valuable suggestions. I'll try them and will get back if required.

Ta