586,121 active members*
3,343 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Epilog lasers do not work with Corel Draw in Windows 7 (64bit)

Epilog lasers do not work with Corel Draw in Windows 7 (64bit)

Epilog has no solution to solve this yet. I know there are a lot of Epilog laser machines out there so I'm posting this in hopes that someone has found a work-around that will help me get up and running.

I just got off the phone with a tech from Epilog and he says that it is a problem with Corel Draw not truly supporting 64bit drivers. I can understand why Epilog feels this way - other programs do seem to work fine with their current drivers. For example, Adobe Photoshop prints to my Epilog laser without any problems.

On the other hand, I don't think it's really just Corel Draw 64bit issue because my older vista (64bit) machine has been working flawlessly for almost a year now with my Epilog Laser. The problem is ONLY with Windows 7 64bit.

Fortunately, my old machine still runs fine. I do all my work on my new machine and then save the file. I then go into the office where my old machine is and load the file and then print it from there. Not ideal, but at least I can continue to put out product.

Here's some more info:
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Epilog drivers many times. No help.
    I've tried loading the older beta 64bit drivers. No help.
    I've been running Corel Draw x4 on my old machine but upgrading to x5 on the new Windows 7 machine did not fix the problem.
    Both Corel Draw x4 and x5 work on the old Vista 64bit machine.
    I connect to the printer using the network interface, not the USB interface.
    I have not tried the USB interface but was told it also does not work so no point in trying.

I was told by the tech that some user are able to print small files but could not print larger ones. I personally can not print anything at all. Even a single line will not print from my Windows 7 machine through Corel Draw. I'd be interested to hear from someone that can print anything at all from Corel Draw in Windows 7, even if just small files.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'm not alone. It's so frustrating to buy a great new computer and not be able to use it fully. I purposely avoided buying a new machine because I wanted manufacturers and software developers time to work out all the bugs with Windows 7. It's been almost a year now but I guess I didn't wait quite long enough...

there is a new 64 bit driver, on epilog site that fixes this problem. I have it running now on my machine.

Joe