587,067 active members*
3,636 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Converter licensing question

Converter licensing question

Does MC offer a converter only license add on that can be installed on our network? We have 4 seats and one has a converter for UG and Pro E files so when we want to import a model we have to get that person to convert it when they reach a stopping point. We are going to contact our reseller tomorrow but it usually takes a few days to hear back and are wanting to get an idea about it. If we can install a converter hasp on the network and then just open nethasp to log into it for conversions and then back to our local hasp it would be heaven. Does MC have something like this?
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

If this is a constant problem then you may want to ask about changing to a NETHasp license all together.... or get the converters turned on for the other keys. I don't know of being able to nethasp 'converters only'. Somehow I don't think they'd do it...
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

Try looking for a third party software for converting to a standard format to import into Mastercam

We use AutoVue to view many type of file formats, I think the professional version may save as a STP file ??? Don't quote me on that.

But you get my drift, buy some software for $1000-2000 outright (you may get a good, cheaper one), instead of an outlay of $$$$ for a convertor + $$$$ maintenanve every year for each seat

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Try looking for a third party software for converting to a standard format to import into Mastercam

We use AutoVue to view many type of file formats, I think the professional version may save as a STP file ??? Don't quote me on that.

But you get my drift, buy some software for $1000-2000 outright (you may get a good, cheaper one), instead of an outlay of $$$$ for a convertor + $$$$ maintenanve every year for each seat
    After getting a quote of $2000 per seat that was my next step pun not intended. Right now we don't have any verification software, not required with the parts we are doing, so file integrity in the conversion with tolerance setting and error detection is important.
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain