586,884 active members*
3,661 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Tornado 200

Page 2 of 2 12
    HMC I would first make sure the E-stop board is the problem !

Also, do you have wiring diagrams ?

cncatj has hit the nail on the head!

If the machine stays on when the button is pressed in then the problem is the crash switch as per previous messages.

crash switch

Thanks cnc & 600 for the replies!

I found what I thought was a proximity switch at the lower right hand side of the turret (as I stand in front of the mach) and there is a swiveling lever by it. Perhaps this is the plunger you are talking about and not a proxy switch? I will check it when I get back to the shop. I remember turning the lever but did not see any plunger.

No, I do not have wiring diagrams, I am was waiting for Clausing to call back so I'll check in with them also today and see if I can get one coming.

Crash switch?

OK, there is a plunger at the back of the turret mounted to a plate. The plate has a small bar that rotates on back side. The turret has a black plate bolted to it but one of the bolts is missing. This would allow the black plate to rotate down and hit the tail stock if the turret came down, which would rotate the black plate back up to the plunger. The plunger, however, does not stick out far enough to engage the black plate. It may touch the plate slightly but that's it. I can push the plunger in about 1/8". SO, is the plunger supposed to be in or out, is this the crash switch, and what tells it it is crashed?
    Thanks,

Yes, that's the crash switch.

If it's set correctly a 4thou feeler gauge should NOT trip it but a 6thou guage should.

If you let me know the wiring diagram number from the plate I can send you a circuit diagram. It will be something like C2-040.

Progress!

I let the black plate hang down and pushed the plunger in a couple times then turned power on. Unit powered up! Thanks guys! The control screen came up it flashed the X Y coords then alarmed out 1027 Lost Pressure and some relays kick out. Oil level shows up on the bottom of the dip stick, but only about 1/4". I put some hyd fluid in to check, and still get the Lost Pressure alarm.

Excellent!

Is the headstock lube pump running in the right direction? If not reverse the phases.

Phase

Just checked pump at left end of lathe again and and it is turning in the direction of the arrow on the cover, CCW. There is an arrow on the hyd pump also so as soon as I finish cleaning the grime off the fan housing and cooler, I will check its rotation also.

mach sn C20031

Wiring Diag # C2-050

Thanks all!

Phase / directions ?

OK guys this is what I found:
    Fan with the red cover on the left end of machine: Arrow points CCW; fan turns CCW. Showing my ignorance with this machine here but I do not know what this motor is; Head stock lube pump as ref above? There are no lines going to this motor. It appears to be piggy backed to the spindle drive.

Hyd pump in the back of mach: Arrow points CW; Fan turning CCW !?!?!?

Loss of pressure tells me the Hyd Pump has to be reversed. Does this imply that the fan motor on the left side of mach was re-wired at one point? Prev owner was not avail to ask (chemo). I am going to change input phases and see what happens. An earlier post said that if phases were wrong the mach would alarm out, which it is doing.

Is there a Maintenance or Machine manual available for this mach? Other than the Fanuc control / programming books that I have.

Thanks!

H.
    The rotation on the hidraulic pump motor should be in the arrow directions,
    if you go behind the machine you will se the hidraulics motor , with a pointing arrow on top
    ours turn CW , if you stand , behind the machine ,
    If you found rotation wrong , then you have to swap 2 incoming main lines ,

this will cause also to reverse , spindle fan rotation ( The one below the red cap)

At this point , with the right phasing , no matter if E-stop board is wrong ,
    like i told you , as long as you keep green power button at machine boot-up
    you should be able to jog axis, rotate turret & also , the hydraulic pressure shoud be present ,

It Runs!

CNCZone is awsome thank you all very much!

Reversed phase in incoming power and the unit runs, axis move, etc. However, fan on left side of mach is now running CW and the red fan shroud arrow point CCW. Something was re-wired at some point.

Now to dig into the programming manuals..........

Thanks again everyone!

H

H.
    Glad to read your result ,
    Another happy ending

Good luck !!

The mach powers up and there is a program that comes up on start up. Can I assume the machine knows where it is at and I can run the program to see what happens, or do I have to go through a reference procedure first like on my mills?

Got a chuck open error but it is clamped on a piece of stock. Tail stock won't move either.

What is the procedure for setting the crash switch and what activates it?

Looks like its also time to search to Fanuc programming posts......

Thanks!

Smile

Nice to hear you got it fixed and how yo fixed it .
    Tim

Phase is phase right?

I guess if I had of known my spindle from my hydraulic the phase issue would have been solved 2 pages ago

Thanks again for all the input!

Page 2 of 2 12