586,111 active members*
3,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Automatic tool changer

Any news on the new tool changer as yet. I am holding off on buying a machine until there is some info available on it. Will be the same as in the video see pic on link.

http://www.syil.net/en/productShow.asp?id=515

Or will it be bolted to the column. If it is a table mounted ATC most of the table travel will be taken up. Its a very good achievement eiherway.

It will be released in spring, read their website.

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    It will be released in spring, read their website.
    Not sure about Indonesia, but Spring has pretty much come and gone over here.

Smile Spring

Giterdun,
    OK, yes now is spring, I don't feel it here. So actually may not be exist. I have no 4 season so I do not realize it. Thannnkkkkks.

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    Giterdun,
    OK, yes now is spring, I don't feel it here. So actually may not be exist. I have no 4 season so I do not realize it. Thannnkkkkks.

it is in test,we need make it working stable to present...
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

OK doc

Pneumatic Drawbar on my X4

I decided to make my own Pneumatic drawbar to see how they work on the machine. Two units were made utlising a standard approach to the problem, with the Pneumatic unit sitting on top of the headstock.

After a couple of months work its finished. Next is some operational testing, but we are looking at how this can be improved upon as it is big and a compact unit would be better. The aim is to get a unit thats about 1 - 1.5 Kg and uses a single stack.

I made a quick video of the unit running.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqkAeqjZoF8"]YouTube- Syil X4 Pneumatic Drawbar.mp4[/nomedia]

/Michael

No sign of this toolchanger then. I think I will have to try a different brand as I cannot get any information on whether it is coming out this year, next year or what form it will take. Trying to get info from Syil China seems to be impossible

Talking

Hey guys,

I work for Syil North America and we are getting prepared to ramp into the production of the table mounted tool table within the next two weeks. We've been taking orders for a couple weeks now and have 15 sold thus far, feel free to call Keith @ 403-400-7945 to get in on the upcoming production run.

Unfortunately due to cost, we are finding that a powered version of the tool table and/or a tool carousel is currently not feasible. We do have it designed, along with a ton of other add ons for the entire Syil line up.

Keep on checking out www.syil.net and www.syilcanada.com for news of our upcoming releases.

Cheers
    Phil

The guys from Syil might want to verify the stats in their manufacturer's comparison charts. I don't know about the other brands but there were several errors in the stats for the Tormach PCNC 1100.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by criscelitist View Post
    Hey guys,

I work for Syil North America and we are getting prepared to ramp into the production of the table mounted tool table within the next two weeks. We've been taking orders for a couple weeks now and have 15 sold thus far, feel free to call Keith @ 403-400-7945 to get in on the upcoming production run.

Unfortunately due to cost, we are finding that a powered version of the tool table and/or a tool carousel is currently not feasible. We do have it designed, along with a ton of other add ons for the entire Syil line up.

Keep on checking out www.syil.net and www.syilcanada.com for news of our upcoming releases.

Cheers
    Phil
    hello phil.
    still need thank you in china help us a lot.
    my msn:[email protected]
    syil china
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

A table mounted tool holder is definately not for me. It takes up too much room and looses alot of X travel to manufacture parts.

Also I have used this system and the chips, coolant and dust get onto the tool holders and cause them to run out of true.