586,307 active members*
3,371 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

8020 Customer Service Experience

Last week, I waited for an Ebay auction to end around noon on Wednesday before placing an order with 8020 surplus on Ebay. I was taking Thursday and Friday off in hopes of knocking out most of my CNC router build over the long weekend. My 8020 order arrived on Friday. Unfortunately, they sent my someone else's shipment. My order took a trip out to California (I'm in Illinois). I was very disappointed. The shipping guys were already out of the office for the weekend when I called. I figured I would have to arrange with UPS to pick up the wrong package and wait a very long time for my package to get to CA and then get shipped back to me. I wrote 8020 that I wanted to cancel my order. For as much as I pay in shipping, my order better come consistently perfect.

When I got home from work today and checked my email, I had a note from Mark at 8020. He said don't worry about shipping the wrong package back. They already shipped a new order to the customer in CA. He was very apologetic for the mishap and empathized with my disappointment. They would be happy to send me a new order with expedited shipping right away. They would also be happy to refund my money if that's what I wanted. I couldn't be more impressed with how 8020 was willing to go above and beyond my expectations. I replied to Mark how impressed I was and to go ahead and ship my order. I had a reply back in less than 10 minutes that he would drop my order off at the post office on his way home from work and that I should expect it in 2 days at the latest. He thanked me for giving them a second chance and that there would be no excuses if everything didn't go right this time.

I occasionally run across good customer service, but I've never seen customer service like this. I doubt that 8020 makes many mistakes based upon the feedback on Ebay, but in the rare occasion they do, you can bet that they'll make it right. I know many of you have ordered or are thinking of ordering from 8020. I just wanted to pass along my experience to let you all know what to expect from 8020 when there are problems.

8020 customer service

I've had similar experiences with them. I got someone else's order once by mistake, and within a day they had worked it all out with no effort from me. I've had great communication expediting shipments for rush delivery, and always get a personal response very rapidly when dealing with Mark and the others in the surplus store.

Frankly, they can't be beat for the product and availability through ebay rather than a distributor. Lots of great experiences with them.
    Chuck

Did a Buy It Now on an auction at 9am.

Got the invoice an hour later with shipping costs.

Paid via paypal at 11am.

Item was shipped same day. Received it two days later with no damage. (illinois to virginia)

This was a piece of 3060.

I was pleasantly surprised at the speed of processing.

I now have saved searches for a few select items that I am hoping to appear on their Garage sale store as I plan to shop more with them in the future.

8020 Customer Service Experience

Yes I agree always good service from them, I've recieved 3 orders from them always 2 days to my door her in NC.
    Just recieved a package today from them I haven't recieved the wrong order yet but I would gladly wait a few more days for my order if I recieved someone elses for free.

I think I have ordered from 8020 on ebay 6 or 7 times. Always great service and never a mistake, but they are welcome to send me the wrong order anytime if their policy is for me to keep it.

I'm getting ready to spend about $300.00 with them. My pre-sale experience was similiar to your post-sale. They couldn't have been more helpful and I didn't feel as though I had to rush through my questions either.

Actually had the same experience with Futura Industries (T-Slot manufacturer). While they look for big volume, my stinky little order didn't stop them from being generous with their time and knowledge.

Both companies seem well run.

~John

Quote Originally Posted by johnohara View Post
    I'm getting ready to spend about $300.00 with them. My pre-sale experience was similiar to your post-sale. They couldn't have been more helpful and I didn't feel as though I had to rush through my questions either.

Actually had the same experience with Futura Industries (T-Slot manufacturer). While they look for big volume, my stinky little order didn't stop them from being generous with their time and knowledge.

Both companies seem well run.

~John
    Good to hear about Futura also. I've looked at their site many times but haven't ordered from them.

Has anyone bought from Automation4Less? Their prices look decent, but I don't know much about them.