586,103 active members*
3,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: osp5000m

osp5000m

I have fadal 1.3 communication software, my latest okuma has the osp5000m controller, i can use the AUX command on the software, but need the protocols, how can i get them? or am i better off communicating thru mastercam X2? I still think i need the protocols for that as well. Thanks!

Sorry, it seems You don't know what You're talking about. A lot of things could be understood as "protocols".
    what is "aux" command on software? How it is related to Your question?
    It seems, You want to establish RS232 communication between computer and OSP. Is that right?

yeah, the "protocols " or " perameters " is what i was looking for, got them. The " Aux " on the fadal software allows you to import and export to a machine other than a fadal, I.E okuma. thanks.

I use WinPro DNC to transfer programs between OPS5000MG and A PC, the settings that works for me are..

Baudrate = 4800
    Data Bit = 7
    Parity = Even
    Stop Bit = 1

On the sofware side:
    Flow control = Xon/Xoff
    end of block = CR/LF
    Code type = ASCII

There is a Free communication program call "NC NetLite" just Google it

Mastercam communication will work also

RS232 communication OSP5000M

every serial communication software will work. Hyper terminal - part of Windows operating system, for instance. The problem is to set OSP parameters correctly. On OSP5000M there are NC parameters double word, word and bytes responsible for serial communication. It's not so easy to understand which is responsible for what without manual.
    I recommend 9600 baud rate, 8 bits ISO.
    NC net Lite is good in general. It's good to have hardware handshake PC->OSP and software handshake (Xon Xoff) OSP->PC in some cases. CNC Net Lite can't do that.