586,042 active members*
3,857 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

lowrider bicycle parts

hello i need help, can anyone out there make these wheels for me? they will be cut out of one solid piece of aluminum and they'll have really good deep cuts. the bike im making is gonna have a NFL theme and the front and back rims will have eight different teams (four in the back and 4 different teams in the front, the pics you see is of the back rim) i spoke to the correct people from the NFL and they said it's ok to make them cause im not mass produceing them and selling them, they will be one of a kind made for only me. if anyone can help let me know thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 008 - Copy.jpg   009 - Copy.jpg  

email me at [email protected]

so nobody has the skill to do this?

Question

Sprockets,

How much are you looking to spend to get it done?

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by SPROCKETS View Post
    so nobody has the skill to do this?
    Patience rather than skill.

From a business perspective, a short run job with lots of programming isn't attractive, and the bicycle industry = not much money; and custom work = unlikely repeat business.

I'm not interested in that job, but if I had to quote it, I would start somewhere north of $5k per wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by fpworks View Post
    Patience rather than skill.

From a business perspective, a short run job with lots of programming isn't attractive, and the bicycle industry = not much money; and custom work = unlikely repeat business.

I'm not interested in that job, but if I had to quote it, I would start somewhere north of $5k per wheel.
    well i beg to differ because these bikes today spend tens of thousands of dollars on the bikes. and i our sport you can only win twice with the same frame so they are constantly repeating business! heres some examples of high dollar bikes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0445.jpg   IMG_0441.jpg   4203003206_5d6334b71f.jpg   IMG00318-20091010-1503.jpg  

_MG_7370.jpg  

I'm quite aware of that market...actually done a few parts for it...not as crazy as the pics you posted, but for maybe $7-10k bicycles.

I agree...the parts can only be used once or twice, then you'll never see them again. (i.e. no repeat work) The other problem is the TIME between builds, which is usually VERY long, (months)

When I say there isn't any money in the custom bicycle market, I am not talking about individual builds, but the overall SIZE of the market and total money spent in it...(small market volume = few additional opportunities) And having said that, the custom bicycle market is simply microscopic.

I'm not trying to be an ass or to demean your industry, but I'm just telling you why I wouldn't get involved. I'm sure my opinion is likely shared by many other business owners...and contrary to your assumption that there is a lack of skilled shops around that can do your parts.

On the other hand, I do think you're looking in the right place for somebody who is out of work with some equipment available.

Quote Originally Posted by SPROCKETS View Post
    well i beg to differ because these bikes today spend tens of thousands of dollars on the bikes. and i our sport you can only win twice with the same frame so they are constantly repeating business! heres some examples of high dollar bikes.
    Your all attached bikes are amazing. Do you have some interesting motorbike designs?
    Huge information existing about cycling and biking. Observe all that information that you need to know regarding bikes. http://bikes-bicycle-parts.com

Ok I get that you do not have a drawing. I dont know if I understand what you need so you just need to cut basicly something round just like your pic? Now when you say deep cuts what do you mean by that?Also the logos since they are trade marks I think you need to have something in writing. I know I can cut something like but dont know if I really want to mess arround with trade mark stuff without permision.

waterjet- the thread was from june of last year. someone just found it, joined and asked a question without realizing it was old.

The thread was probably brought forward by a spammer whose post was reported and then deleted. The thread stays in the New Posts list when that happens.

bob