586,071 active members*
3,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Adding Auto Mode

Where can I find out how to add AUTO MODE to the screen so that I can get my external CYCLE button to work? I have searched several forums and the linux.org site. When I press my CYCLE button I get a message that basicly tells me that I can't perform a run task while I am in MANUAL MODE but in the screens supplied with EMC2 there is no button for AUTO Mode. So, I'm totally lost. I'm a newbie to EMC2 and as a result it sometimes takes me days to figure out these kinds of problems. So please excuse my ignorance.
    Jerry

connect halui.mode.auto to a pyvcp button or a real button:

http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/h...i.html#r1_2_14

in the emc sample configs is a HALUI example called pyvcp_hal
    it has pyvcp buttons connected to auto/manual/mdi modes plus lots of others.

Chris M

Hi Chris. I'll take a look at that and see if I can figure it out. Question, Can I modify the default screen that comes up when EMC2 loads. I like that screen. Is it a xml or tcl file? I hope it is an xml.

Jerry

Jerry,

Are you talking about the splash screen, or the Axis display? AFAIK, the splash screen is a .png file, and Axis is written in Python. I've been trying to figure out by delving through the Axis code how to have the right side of the Axis screen start up in the "Y" axis instead of the "Perspective" view since I have a 2 axis X-Z machine. Two dimensional perspective doesn't do much for me... ;-)

Mark

Hi Mark, I'm talking about the AXIS screen. I finally got the AUtO mode to actually work by calling it up when I press the Cycle buttons. but I can't get a button to come up on the AXIS screen. ALSO the only way I could the external ESTOP to work was to take over the commands for the AXIS ESTOP, which would be ok if I could get rid of the AXIS button, A lot to learn here.

Jerry

Jerry,

Okay, you're running into the same fun I am. Trying to figger out where in the Python code stuff that I'm looking for is happening.

Mark