Had an issue where we lost our floppy drive and boot up files on an older SX model Bridgeport. Replaced the floppy drive and controller board and finally found a copy of the EZ-trak files. I do not have a boot disk as such, but seem to have all of the necessary files for the programs.

I can start the machine up with a dos 5.0 boot disk and then switch to the disk with my expanded program files. I understand the machine originally used the floppy to store the files and uses on-board ram to run the files (no hard drive). I can run some files on the disk... ez-utils, ezload, pfm and everything seems fine. The red lights on the bmdc board go off when I run these files. Whenever I try and run the eztrak.exe program, the screen lights up blank white, the floppy drive begins accessing the file(s) from diskette, and things seem to be working normally. However, after a minute or so, the floppy stops and nothing shows on the screen. If I remove the diskette from the floppy, it is now blank and must be reformatted and the programs copied to it once again. Am I not getting or using the on-board memory correctly? Is it trying to run the program from the floppy and running out of memory?

Any help is greatly appreciated.