586,679 active members*
2,632 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

GE spindle drive

I need lots of help :drowning:
    I acquired a burgmaster HTC-330 4axis mill with a GE 1050mc control.
    I'm looking at upgrading the control with the camsoft system. The only problem is I don't have any manuals on this machine. I want to reuse the hi-ak servo drives and the GE valutrol 15hp spindle drive. I've been able to track some of the wires from the servos to the servo drives but nothing for the spindle drive
    can anybody help me with my nightmare

Hello,

I wounder if you could do the retrofit? I have a Brown & Sharpe 1500VC, with GE 1050MC, the same Hiak servo drives and same Valutrol 15 h.p. spindle drive. And also want to do a retrofit, but I want to use Mach3 and Pixies.

Regards,

Jorge

Hi
    I ended up replacing the servo drives and motors and the spindle drive with new or used from eBay. If the machine runs then maybe you could do a retro with those old drives if you have manuals? If not scrap the drives and look for some newer stuff just make sure your drives and motors are matched so you don't learn the hard way! besides that I live in Minnesota and I’m not a machine retrofit guru I’ve been working on mine for two years know and I’m almost done

No, I have no manuals for the Brown & Sharpe 1500VC. I found in the machine the GEK manual numbers that I need, but unfortunatly I have been unable to find them. I have bought some manual in ebay, for similar controls, thinking that could be the same, or maybe could help, but it has been a waist of money.
    I bought until now the diagrams for a GE 550T for a hardinge lathe(GEK25294D), the Manual for the PWM servo drive size 50, 50HCL and 99 (GEK45659B),
    the support manual for 1050H(GEK25340), and other 2 books (GEK25341 and GEK25345).
    Only the first 2 have been helpfull for me. I have send 4 email to GE industrial asking for the manuals, but until now I have no response. I need GEK25317, GEK45605 and GEK25330.
    I will try to do the retrofit using the same servo motors and drives.
    Good Lock with your machine.

Jorge

Lathe spindel

Hello everyone.

I have a Huvema HU550 Vario Lathe (Same as Optimum Lathe) with the spindel driven by a DC motor. I need to control the Spindel DC motor from March3 PWM in order to make thread. Do anyone have the experience ? Do i need to change the Controller PCB indside the latte or can i connect the PWM signal to a terminal on the contoller PCB board ?

You most likely have +-10v analogue signal for control, you will need a PWM to analogue convertor, Pixie or equivalent.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Lathe Spindel

Thank you Al The Man

I guess you are right. I have seen its a PCB board from Florida some where. By removing the Potentiometer it can be controlled by 0 to 10 v DC. Do you know where to by a PWM to analog converter ? Or maybe by it as a kit ?

Joergen