586,512 active members*
3,644 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

somebody please help - Chinese VFD

first I would like to apologize for making multiple posting on this one but no one seems to be looking at my post.
    here is my problem after months of running without a problem suddenly my HY02D223B display E.oU.S which is over-voltage at stop. It keeps displaying that everytime I power it and the spindle doesn't move. I have tried to set PD015 to 50, PD017 to 70, PD019 to 80 and PD021 to 100 and got no luck.
    Is it possible that my vfd expired or there is some setting which I missed?

I hate to state the obvious, but if the VFD was working fine one day and then starts flashing error messages the next - the problem is probably physical/electrical and not an issue with settings.

I saw this same error message with my Holip (Huanyang replacement) from day 1. Sometimes it would power on and work for short periods and other times it would just display E.oU.S and would not respond to input. With no way to troubleshoot or easily fix it, my solution was to put it on a shelf and order a Hitachi X200 series.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Steve

Thank you Steve.
    How is the Hitachi X200? which Hitachi X200 did you get?
    I am thinking of switching.

I had the same vfd with the same fault from new and i 'm sorry to tell you that its DEAD.!!

I have the X200-022NFU1, which can take 220V single or three phase input. I'm only using single phase in, with 3 phase out to the spindle.

The Hitachi has been great. The manual is quite good. It's an easy move from something like the Huanyang, which I also owned. There are one or two settings (A003 and A004) that seem to throw everyone off, and they're documented here:

http://cnczone.com/forums/showpost.p...&postcount=147

I wish I could offer better advice with the Huanyang, because I liked the controls on the unit and it seemed like decent quality. Unfortunately, mine expired after about 8 months and the Holip replacement never worked right from the start. The Hitachi has been absolutely stable and reliable.

Between our two VFDs, somebody could probably make a single working Huanyang!

Steve

Hi there I cant offer direct help as I don't own a Chinese vfd or spindle I wished I did hehe.

But I did read here that the spindles are very good but the vfd they supply with em are absolute toss and you are better off getting a well known one this is what I have read on these forums.

Maybe some one can link you to it but I cant find the thread sorry.

Good luck

Steve if I may know how much and where did you get the Hitachi X200?
    the huanyang keypad has a mind on its own it is absolutely not responsive. I cannot even press the >> button

Yes, that is another common complaint about the control pad. Those contact switches are prone to wearing out, although I believe they can be replaced.

The Hitachi X200-022NFU1 was $255 (plus shipping) from Drives Warehouse. Their tech support was absolutely great when I got stuck with my initial install. I would highly recommend them.

Steve

in the mean time I found out that keypad buttons are faulty so I open it up and jump them myself and they work! I got the motor running again with the settings from this forum:
    PD013 - 8 reset
    PD003 - Main Frequency - 400Hz
    PD004 -Base frequency - 400Hz
    PD005 - Max operating frequency - 400Hz
    PD007 to 1.20
    PD008 - Max Voltage - 220v
    PD006 - Intermediate Frequency - 2.5
    PD009 - Intermediate Voltage - 15
    PD011 - 120 (1.20)
    PD143 - Motor Pole Number - 2
    PD142 - Rated Motor Current 7A
    PD144 - 3000
    But I can not say for how long this huanyang will hang.
    Hopefully long enough until I get myself a Hitachi!
    Thank you steve!

Quote Originally Posted by 15mgtar View Post
    in the mean time I found out that keypad buttons are faulty so I open it up and jump them myself and they work! I got the motor running again with the settings from this forum:
    PD013 - 8 reset
    PD003 - Main Frequency - 400Hz
    PD004 -Base frequency - 400Hz
    PD005 - Max operating frequency - 400Hz
    PD007 to 1.20
    PD008 - Max Voltage - 220v
    PD006 - Intermediate Frequency - 2.5
    PD009 - Intermediate Voltage - 15
    PD011 - 120 (1.20)
    PD143 - Motor Pole Number - 2
    PD142 - Rated Motor Current 7A
    PD144 - 3000
    But I can not say for how long this huanyang will hang.
    Hopefully long enough until I get myself a Hitachi!
    Thank you steve!
    Cant you get a spindle control board then all you will need to do when setup is turn it on.?

I had a difficult time pressing those buttons on the keypad so what I did is open it up and just use screw driver and poke em which works. but anyway after 5 hours of running the vfd got E.ou.n error. I'm planning to get hitachi x200

I bought a Fuji/GE AF-300 from dealerselectric.com/ in New Jersey. They have a ton of NOS drives which they sell for about half price.

Keep in mind that these drives have been sitting for several years. Any time you bring any machine which utilizes a big electrolytic capacitor back to life, it needs time to reshape the capacitor.

I powered my VFD up, but with no load, and let it idle for about 24 hours. I'll do the same any time I power it up again after sitting for an extended time. Might power it up for an hour or so prior to using the machine. Will power it up and then set up the work enviroment (zero the axies, etc) as the VFD idles.

And do understand that the big caps in these drives have a limited life, perhaps 5 years or so of working 24 hours a day. The Fuji drives even keep track of useage hours on the cap.

Tom

Hello
    I saw that stevespo had holip inverter, so I would like to ask him if you maybe know which parameter to change so I could run from 6.000 RPM, I gues it should be cd0011 - 1.0 but I am not shure?

Check out the function list on page 28. If you're trying to set the base frequency (initial operating speed), it should be CD0002 = 100.0 (6000 RPM).
    Min freq is CD0006, and max freq is CD0007. There may be other settings to try out as well. I don't have a running Holip inverter, so I can't check my own settings.

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for your fast reply.
    I have running holip inverter and it was all setup when I got it, but when I want to lower speed with poti I cant go under 18.000 RPM. So I was thinking to adjust minimum frequency to lower value. CD006 is now 1.25.
    I try to change value but, cant change any values. Is there any lock function or something like that, do you know maybe?
    I change value to 0.50 but when I press enter, nothing happens just go to next parameter, when I go back and check value there is still 1.25.
    Van you help with this?
    Thanks in advance.

You'd have to read the descriptions throughly to understand how those values are used. Sometimes the short description is misleading.

CD006 "Min Frequency" is probably not what you expect it to be. It appears to be related to the jogging ramp time.

To set the frequency upper and lower limits, try:

CD007 Max Operating Frequency 10.0 - 400.0
    CD009 Frequency Lower Limit 0.0 - 400.0

I don't know about locking/unlocking values, but I suspect that CD006 is actually linked to another setting that is preventing you from changing it. I don't think it is what you need. Try CD007 to set the max speed.

Steve

Hello
    Yes I have read now your manual, and its a little different of what I have, I should change cd009 for minimum frequency and there is also parameter locking cd0010 should be to 0.
    Thanks will try tomorow or day after and will report.

Sorry about that. I didn't realize we were using different drives and manuals. So, I was probably giving out bad parameters. It's always best to read the full descriptions, because I find that the charts may have confusing or misleading names. Good luck and please let us know how you make out.

Steve

U were of GREAT help, we are talking about same VFD, but I didnt have the right manuals. Your manuals are the right one. I manage to change settings, it was cd0010 on 1 that mean all parameters lock exept cd0010.
    But now it seems like I have different problem, poti which was sent together is 4.7Kohm, but I think, and also in manuals, there should be 10Kohm poti. So now I have to get this one and then try again. cd009 it was already 0. I gues that is not OK but as 4.7Kohm its not geting lower speed that is easy way of protection, for manufacturer. But when I change poti I gues I should be cd0009 100.

sorry duble post

Page 1 of 2 12