586,106 active members*
3,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

newbie looking for cnc machine advice

Hello,

First post - hope I have the right forum.

Ive been looking for a smallish cnc machine to be used in making aluminum front panels and other parts from aluminum and plastic. Aluminum is the main material I will be working with.

At first, I considered making a machine myself, but with the limited tooling I have, its probably better to buy one initially, and then think about using the machine to upgrade or expand itself.

Anyway, after doing a whole lot of research, the High-Z S-720 from cnc-step.de and the BZT PF-750 from bzt-cnc.de are looking like they might be the right machines for me.

One of the requirements I have is transportability - the ability to be easily moved, possibly internationally, once or twice a year.

Ideally the machine I choose should be able to be partly disassembled for ease of transport. Looking at the High-Z and BZT machines, there doesnt appear to be any way to unbolt the gantry from the frame.

I guess I am looking for some feedback on what people think about disassembling and reassembling CNC machines such as the High-Z and BZT machines. Is it feasible? Will I need special tools to reassemble with correct alignment?

Im also looking for suggestions of other machines in the same price, size and weight range (~EUR3000, ~400x600x100mm working area, 30-50kg weight range).

Thanks in advance,

Damien

High-Z 720 can be packed as it is in a trunk of regular passanger car. I have moved mine in Toyota Avensis and Skoda Octavia as well.

2. I wouldn't suggest You to disassemble frame of machine.

3. In general I have to admit that I simply love High-Z machine which proved to be rigid enough and very precise.