Got a P4 2.6Ghz desktop PC with 2gig ram, that has a second parallel card installed. I am using a Moschip 9805 that I bought from Aturo at CNC4PC. (Second Card actually, same model and still have both and have tried both)

I have an MPG2 that I got from him along with a c22 board for interface into the 2nd LPT port. ( I actually have 2 c22 boards as well, tried both )

My 2nd port is set to 0x1090 in Mach 3.042, same port as the resource page shows me in windows. I also have all of the settings matched as Arturo's doc shows on his site.

When I go to the diagnostics page, all of the lights that represent the port pins on lpt2 remain solid. If I disable the port in Mach3, the lights go off and obviously I have no control using the MPG. With them on, the only inputs that work are the Reset switch and oddly, I can make one light up by pushing enable and then turning the feed knob all the way right. Once I do that, the MPG stops responding.

Oddly, I have actually gotten the system to respond one time. I was able to see the individual inputs lighting up when used in the diags page. After I was able to actually move the machine with it correctly, I saved the settings as they were. Then when I opened Mach3 back up again the next day, I had the same problem again and the ports were solid.

I am a Network engineer by trade and have done many things to the PC in order to resolve this. Swapped PCI slots, updated drivers (chipset, Printer, Video, etc,etc.) Bios updates, cables, and so on. I have tried legacy port settings, disabled and enabled IRQs for the port, etc.

So far, there is no real thing that I can point to that tells me what is going on. And I can't think of anything that I have done differently than the one time it worked.

I have also deleted my profile and recreated it and the same with the brains. Still the same issue persists.

Any ideas? I'm about to just forget the MPG and use my touchscreen all the time.