586,488 active members*
2,801 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tornado 200 auto lube

Our 200 has an auto way lube system but I have not seen it come on. It has a Manual push button but it doesn't do anything when I push it. What tells this unit to operate?

I have not figured out how to operate the tail stock from the operator panel. Any trick to this? Fanuc OT. I have not tried a program move yet.

The plate opposite the plunger for the crash switch can't be tightened. Appears the threads are damaged. (one too many crashes?) Is this just a drill/tap repair or something else?

We haven't found the mach manual yet, Clausing said they could reproduce one for us so we'll get that coming.

Thanks cnczone!

HM , You are right , as soon as you press the button in the Lubrication unit , the lube pump should come on , IF you are not in the Auto mode ,
    If pump does not come on , open the cover & make sure 120 Vac are present

Tailstock issue: In the 2nd operator panel there is a 2 position selector sw to
    manually operate the tailstock , Make sure you have enough Hydraulic press, set at the left side of the machine also you can use M78 & M79 to operate T.stock

Crash Sw. I would not worry for it ( Right now )

Lube

Thanks cncatj!
    Lube is coming on. Had my bro run a cycle while I watched the auto lube and it cycled on at the beginning of the cycle. Have not tried the Non Auto manual mode yet.

Tried the manual tail stock in/out switch before. Heard the pump "change" when I Enabled Tail stock, but no motion. PSI was <200 psi. Draw bar is at 400 psi. Flipped tail stock switch back and forth and could see the hoses react to the pressure change. Checked the two large bolt on the top of tail stock housing and they are loose. Increased psi to <200 and tail stock moved in towards chuck a bit but won't move back out. Increased psi to 400 but tail stock will not move back out. ????

Just tried programing in M69 tailstock retract and there was no movement or even a change in the pressure gauge.

Crash sw. OK if I worry a little about it?
    Thanks,
    H

H.
    Seems to me that, there is air in the Tailstock Lines !!!
    I would take the air out by first adjust the T.stock pressure at low pSi. 80 or so ,

carefully lose a little , hydraulic conectors at the back of the T.stock
    have your bro . actuating T.stock manually at the same time , until
    only oil come out of both lines ,

Tailstock

OK, we did that, oil out of both lines. Disconnected the Extend line and tried to Retract and no movement.
    Is the tailstock a hydraulic cylinder action or is the actuator a hydraulic motor that turns a ball screw in the tailstock? I know air locked stuff acts funny sometimes......

H.
    The tailstock its a normal hydraulic cylinder ,

Hey , What if you swap hydraulics Directional valves ?

Tailstock

Hyd Cyl, ok, will try and swap hoses and see what happens then track down lines and see where valves are. Thanks cncatj!