587,047 active members*
2,695 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 3m-c "not ready"

I have a Pratt & Whitney TurnMate with a Fanuc 3m-c control (1984) rigged in ok,3 phase 240 ok, no air hook up needed, no manuals, ladder diagram or schematics.

The machine powers up fine, alarm light is on and the display reads over travel +z and "not ready". No XYZ handle or jog.Machine position reads negative value x and y, .164 z.
    Machine rigged with blocked Z axis 2/3 down the travel span, X and Y somewhat centered.Blocking knocked out and
    rotating lead screw moves ram down ok, no start up z axis value change after a power off / disconnect and 5 minute wait.

CAN and P held in on start up eliminates over travel error and leaves me with "not ready". No XYZ handle or jog.
    Parameter values 0070(500), 0071(500), 0072(-124100), 0073(-52700) 0074(-381500), 0075 (-216400)
    Start up with power button held in and released after display doesn't seem to trip Estop. Estop switching checked out ok. One Estop on the machine at the control.

No auto power off wiring evident.
    Travel micro switches operate normally.
    Green LEDs on the X Y Z boards
    Red LED on the master PCB (unless CAN P is used on start up).
    Green light at PIL and (one of four) Red LED by alarm code (8) on Spindle Servo Unit PCB.
    No door switches to worry about and all fuses check out ok.

Control function switch start up in ZRN switches between ZRN and JOG. no function active.
    Start up in HNDL, Edit,MDI leaves me in current inactive mode with no ability to switch.

I have worked with a 1989 fanuc O mate M some years ago so I can navigate somewhat on the control.
    PWE 1/0 seems inaccessible and am reluctant to change values as this machine apparently ran fine the pre-auction youtube video.
    Similar problems in older posts here on cnczone gave me a great head start on troubleshooting, but I cannot seem to get the machine in ready status.

Any ideas to help progress is appreciated

Make sure your phase is correct. If there is a hydraulic unit or chiller the machine may not come ready if the phase is backwards.

Thanks ben_heinman

I finally resolved this problem and it was power related.
    Behind the servo board there was a voltage toggle switch 170/220 - 220/240 that was tripping the Red LED by alarm code (8) on Spindle Servo Unit PCB. I switched to 220/240 and finally I had ready status.