586,108 active members*
3,173 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mitsubishi dwc - sz EDM

I am looking to purchase another used EDM. The series that has been catching my interest has been the Mitsubishi DWC - SZ series. Can anyone tell me a bit about these. The year range I am looking in is the early 90's. I really want to know if there were any pronounced differences between years. Perfomance (cutting speeds, etc), known problems, or strong points would be nice. I have been getting conflicting opinions from different "experts" on cutting speed capabilities. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any info you can give would be apppreciated.

SZ

Not positive about the SZ series. The only advice that I feel confident in throwing out there, is make sure that this series is .dxf compatible. The HA series was the first of the H-generation that was. We had a H machine and still had the proprietary double density non-IBM compatible programming. In today's times... it's a pain in the bum.

There's another fellow in this forum that has a CX(?) machine that he's going through this exact same type of headache with the programming compatibility issues.

Good luck!
    www.videotech.ws
    .....programs for the Wire EDM Artist / opening soon

SZ

Not positive about the SZ series. The only advice that I feel confident in throwing out there, is make sure that this series is .dxf compatible. The HA series was the first of the H-generation that was. We had a H machine and still had the proprietary double density non-IBM compatible programming. In today's times... it's a pain in the bum.

There's another fellow in this forum that has a CX(?) machine that he's going through this exact same type of headache with the programming compatibility issues.

Good luck!
    www.videotech.ws
    .....programs for the Wire EDM Artist / opening soon