586,060 active members*
4,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > NEED HELP With Motor Speed controller info?

Smile NEED HELP With Motor Speed controller info?

Hi

I’m very new to all of this, and need some help with the following please.....

I have a CNC router with an Atlee AV1 Speed controller which controls the Spindle.

I’m using Mach 3 as a post to talk to the machine, i can get it to start the spindle (only if rpm is above 4000) but i have no control over speed nor direction.
    There are a Varity of inputs on the AV1 but i need some info on which ones to use,
    the model number is (AV1-4T0037) Atlee electronics.

If anyone has this information or can point me towards some that would be great, i have found pictures on line and that’s all.

Also in the machine i have a C10 breakout card is it possible to drive the AV1 with that? ie: how does it drive the motor? pwm, vca, no idea
    Any help or info would be great cheers

Darian

Darian,

I found a manual that covers that drive....
    http://www.lingnangroup.com/DowloadF...7%E7%89%88.pdf
    Their server is a bit slow, and the manual is in Chinese, but take a look at pages 15-17 for connections. Looks like programing function F2.8 sets the minimum frequency, and F2.9 sets the maximum. You can copy and paste small portions of text into iGoogle http://www.google.com/ig for translation. I suppose if you took enough time you could translate pretty much the complete manual, or at least the parts you needed.

The C10 doesn't have an analog output to directly connect to the drive for speed control, but you could control direction and start/stop. One possible solution would be to use a stepper motor connected to a pot to control the speed. Just make sure not to force the pot too far in either direction with the stepper. Either a friction slip drive connection or limit switches have been used for that.

Steve