586,036 active members*
3,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

S01 Servo Alarm PR0016 x SRV

Hey,

I'm having problems with my Mitsubishi cnc Mill.

As said in the title, the alarm it gives is: "S01 Servo Alarm PR0016 x SRV".

I've been searching on the Internet but i can't find a service manual. Is there anyone around who can help me?

Thanks!

You have to be more specific on the controller, Mitsubishi, what? It's a little tricky to find their manuals on line, but I've been able to download several. You tell me exactly what control and I'll try and send you the exact link to the manual you are looking for.

Hello,

Thanks for your answer!

Below the controller and the alarm it gives:

MDS-A-SVJ-10

On the 7-segment, it displays F1, 16

Would that be enough?

That's the servo amp number, isn’t it? I think I have that exact manual, but I can’t find the cable to my ext HD where it’s stored and I have an appointment this morning. I can get it to you, but it will have to be a little later today. What is the model of your CNC controller?

Try this link, see pg 45, 46…
    http://www.meau.com/Files/BNP-B2057.PDF
    /
    In the mean time, I’m guessing you either just hooked this machine up or did some electrical work, because the manual indicates that your power is out of phase. This means that two hot wires of your incoming three phase power are switched around. Does this sound possible? FYI: be careful around servo amps like this, I know this one has a large capacitor in it, and it stays charged for some time after the supply power has be turned off, it can literally kill you! Oh yeh, obviously the incoming AC is dangerous as well, but being experienced with all kinds of electrical current coursing through my body, I think DC hurts much worse. I have a meeting so I will not be around before 1pm ET.

Thanks!

I've seen more links to this website, but European folks get linked to another website.

But when re-directed straight to the file it apparently works!

About the phase switched around, i don't know, my dad takes care of the electrical work. I'm just a poor kid trying to make programs for the machine and asking online for help.

Uhm, the machine is a Leadwell VMC 25. The controller would be Meldas 50.

Thanks again for your help! If you ever get to the Netherlands, i'll buy you a beer

I'm also trying to help you reason through this. Is this the first time you have tried to operate the machine? Obviously, if you ran the machine with no issues the day before and you don’t think your dad did anything to the incoming power or the machine, then something seems strange. However, if the machine was recently installed and not tested, or hasn’t been run for a while and it’s possible that something was changed, then this explanation makes more sense. Either way you should ask your dad his thoughts on the matter.
    /
    Also, you might be able to use a proxy server website to make MEAU’s website think you are in the U.S. I’ve done it before to get around site blockers at my school, but I forget the website that I used. If this is a regular problem when trying to access other U.S. websites, I’m sure with a quick web search you could find a site to proxy your connection. Good luck, on all fronts.
    /
    Do you need manuals for the control as well?

Try this link, if it doesn’t work, I’ll give you the individual links to the three manuals listed: programming, maintenance and connections.

http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/site...e=&ManualType=

Well, after we moved the machine the failure occurred more and more and now it even starts immediately in the failure.

We had a service guy have a look at it but he couldn't find it either. He was looking at the electricity as well....

Hopefully we will check the machine tomorrow, I'll keep you updated!

Ow, and the link, it doesn't work. I get linked to another website.

Mitsubishi are compelled to abide by tight US export rules, In purchasing systems or parts, a form has to be signed that they will not be exported.
    I sent you a link in a PM to try.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Try these links, in order, they are: Operators manual (15Meg file), Hardware Maintenance Manual (.7Meg file), Connection Manual (5Meg file).

http://www.meau.com/functions/dms/ge...00003288400000

http://www.meau.com/functions/dms/ge...00001035400000

http://www.meau.com/functions/dms/ge...00001035300000

Both of you, thank you very much!

I'm definitely going to read/print these manuals.

Keep in mind that these are Mitsubishi manuals and although the Mazak control is made by Mitsubishi, it is somewhat different, mainly in regard to software, although sometimes there are minor hardware differences as well. So, what I’m saying is that the Operation manual will have some distinct differences, but the hardware and cabling manuals will have few if any differences.

This is especially true with the Matrix control. The standard Mitsubishi M700 control is set up completely different so the connection and hardware manuals will do you no good. The Matrix control is located behind the screen just like the Fusion control is but the Mitsubishi standard M700 control is located in the electrical panel. There are some similarities but way more differences then in previous series.

We get the error instantly when I start the machine.

Do we have to reset something? Or will the error disappear when it's ok?

And we checked the network voltage, it was really low, not even close to 230V, more like 208V and that's a pretty big difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud View Post
    Hey,

I'm having problems with my Mitsubishi cnc Mill.

As said in the title, the alarm it gives is: "S01 Servo Alarm PR0016 x SRV".

I've been searching on the Internet but i can't find a service manual. Is there anyone around who can help me?

Thanks!
    Hi, i know this is an old thread but i have exactly the same problem as you mentioned,there is a 16 alarm blinking on all of the 3 axis drives and from the alarm list of the machine documents it has something to do with the magnetic pole position detection on X axis, may i know how did you solved your problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: S01 Servo Alarm PR0016 x SRV

Alarm 16 is blinking on all the drives or only on X axis drive unit?

There may be 2 issues, if someone has made modifications to parameter or encoder is faulty.

There is a small chance that this may occur due to malfunctioning of drive unit control card

Quote Originally Posted by navinbhas View Post
    Alarm 16 is blinking on all the drives or only on X axis drive unit?

There may be 2 issues, if someone has made modifications to parameter or encoder is faulty.

There is a small chance that this may occur due to malfunctioning of drive unit control card
    Thanks for your reply and sorry for my delay,
    I tried everything and the problem still exist,
    As far as i know the X drive was repaired by some technician and after that all of the three axis shows 16 alarm on them,
    I tried these many ways to identify the problem but i had no luck,
    I can manually disconnect evey axis that i want for example i disconnect x and y axis and only z is connected to the controller still 16 alarm is shown on the z drive or if i connect the y alone the 16 alarm will on y, so i'm pretty sure that neither drives or the encoders are faulty, if i disconnect all three axis the controller won't show any alarm and i can start spindle so power supply and the controller seems ok too,i also checked the parameters with the original ones and they are ok too, the only thing is i wondering i read somewhere that there is some kind of adjustment that maybe has to be made if drives get disconnected and lose their absolute position, at the moment i really run out of ideas so i'm open to any suggestions and any help would be appreciated,
    The machine model is Hartford hb3150
    Controller : meldas520
    Drive units : mds-b

Re: S01 Servo Alarm PR0016 x SRV

Quote Originally Posted by faragostar View Post
    Thanks for your reply and sorry for my delay,
    I tried everything and the problem still exist,
    As far as i know the X drive was repaired by some technician and after that all of the three axis shows 16 alarm on them,
    I tried these many ways to identify the problem but i had no luck,
    I can manually disconnect evey axis that i want for example i disconnect x and y axis and only z is connected to the controller still 16 alarm is shown on the z drive or if i connect the y alone the 16 alarm will on y, so i'm pretty sure that neither drives or the encoders are faulty, if i disconnect all three axis the controller won't show any alarm and i can start spindle so power supply and the controller seems ok too,i also checked the parameters with the original ones and they are ok too, the only thing is i wondering i read somewhere that there is some kind of adjustment that maybe has to be made if drives get disconnected and lose their absolute position, at the moment i really run out of ideas so i'm open to any suggestions and any help would be appreciated,
    The machine model is Hartford hb3150
    Controller : meldas520
    Drive units : mds-b

Ok you have mentioned that each drive was individually connected. Just to make sure, the spindle was disabled in this scenario. Also if you have to individually connect each drive, you need to bypass all remaining axis through the parameters as well.
    1) Can i know the cabling sequence for the communication cable SH21.. From NC unit to CN1A port of which drive and then CN1B to which drive and so on ?
    2) There is rotary switch on the top of the drive unit. Is the numbering different for all the drive units ?
    For eg : x would be set to 0, y to 1, z to 2, sp to 3 or 5 etc

Quote Originally Posted by navinbhas View Post
    Ok you have mentioned that each drive was individually connected. Just to make sure, the spindle was disabled in this scenario. Also if you have to individually connect each drive, you need to bypass all remaining axis through the parameters as well.
    1) Can i know the cabling sequence for the communication cable SH21.. From NC unit to CN1A port of which drive and then CN1B to which drive and so on ?
    2) There is rotary switch on the top of the drive unit. Is the numbering different for all the drive units ?
    For eg : x would be set to 0, y to 1, z to 2, sp to 3 or 5 etc
    Yes i can disable an axis both via parameters and physically and i also tried disconnecting spindle drive and connecting each axis individually with power unit but each axis that i connect shows 16 alarm,
    The communication cable from the nc unit goes to x axis first, then to y then z then to spindle and finally power unit,
    The rotary switches are ok and in a right sequence also because if i change it i get a different alarm.
    Do you know anything about adjusting the pole position detector for each axis? I mean is there any procedure maybe with changing parameters that i should do for each axis to adjust it pole position detector?

Thanks again for your time and help

Page 1 of 2 12