586,106 active members*
3,271 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach 2 and settings

Originally Posted by jerikol
    hey guys, I just got my k2525x5 I ordered it with the extra 2 inches on the z. I also purchased the Servo package. The machine went together like a dream. I have had nothing but little problems so far though. the z axis servo had a loose wire that cost me pretty good to get diagnosed and repaired. I am having some software issues too. anybody out there using windows xp pro with mach2? artsoft, the makers of mach2 have been great. k2cnc was good now they don't answer my emails. I have only had it 2 weeks and am very disappointed. The problem is the machine is cutting everything very small and very slow. Possibly config problem. any help from you all would be great. Thanks

Hey jerikol,

Glad to hear your 2525 went together well. I don't think the part sizes being cut is a K2 issue at all but more of a Mach 2 not configured right. Sounds like if the part is being made but to small then you need to change the steps per movement in Mach 2 under the Motor Tuning section. Remember, its 2000 full steps per inch (as stated on the site). As for the slow part, again it is probably a Mach 2 issue. You might want to also post this question here under Mach 2 topics or visit the Mach 2 site in yahoo groups. I am sure the other guys here that have the servo setup can help. As for emails, I have found Ron at K2 is quite helpful and responds. Try writing to him or better yet just call them. If you get the answering machine, leave a message, they have always called me back.

Keep us updated.

taus
    Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

Thats good news Taus, I also can't wait to see the movie.

I don't believe Pauls "Start a new thread" was directed at you guys. It was for the other guy with his own set of problems, so it would be easier for him to get his problems resolved.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

oops

Hey CNCRob and guys,

Here is the movie. It is in Quicktime and about 8.3 megs. I tried to keep it short and sweet. It is about 90% of what I can put in steps/movement in Mach 2. I can also run one much slower and you can hear the "grinding" of the X axis. I am really hoping the new mount from K2 will make this sound like the Y, MUCH SMOOTER (after that new mount). Overall, all is going well. I cut a shelf for the office last night and will post some pics. I used a "dado" blade on the tablesaw for the first time last night...really cool. I also used "wood clamps" and real wood glue to make the shelf (no screws)...I feel like a real wood worker :cheers:

HERE IS THE MOVIE

taus
    Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by ger21
    I don't believe Pauls "Start a new thread" was directed at you guys. It was for the other guy with his own set of problems, so it would be easier for him to get his problems resolved.
    You are 100% correct.