586,094 active members*
4,078 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Newbie to OKUMA - ATC problem

Newbie to OKUMA - ATC problem

We just got our "new" (second hand) OKUMA MA40-HA. So far we have no experience with OKUMA.

Everything seems ok until we start to try tool change. the machine arrived with tools in it but these are not ours. We would like to take all the tools out of the machine and then to load our tools.

With our operator trying to learn, i think now there is a difference between the tools data in the machine and the "reality" and so the ATC is stuck.

In the "ATC operation" screen, the status is "blank" and no more "ready" or "running". Sequence number = 16 - Next tool = 35 - acitve tool = 0 (no tool in the spindle). I think a reset was push during atc operation....

How can we solve this problem and have the tools out of the machine and then start working with it ?

Thanks for your help

Manual mode. Press step forward (or step back) button simultaneously with interlock button (when necessary only) on ATC panel. Maybe You need to select ATC if there is APC on the machine.
    Generally saying, tolls set it very simple on Okuma. You do exactly as is written in manual and that's it.
    NOTE: be careful using "interlock release" button together with step forward/ back. Make sure machine units are in proper state. Spindle tool unclamped, when needed, spindle indexed ...

OK thanks. I already tried this without success.

I manage to empty tool pots and to empty related pots in the NC tools settings. I move forward.. :-)

Unfortunately, I don't manage to put back tool folowing the procedure you mention here. The spindle in constantly clamped and I don't manage to manually put tool in it.

In "diagnose" I have :
    => 15605 spindle tool clamp is is not off
    => ATC change not completed.... (in don't remember the rest)

As I understand, the ATC is not in right position as I made a wrong manipulation in prior state.

thanks to help

Quote Originally Posted by thomasunique View Post
    OK thanks. I already tried this without success.
    Did the arm move at all when you tried "One step forward"? If it did then you'll have to jog it back to the original poition, load a tool then move on.

If not Just press "tool unclamp" and hold the release button until it unclamps, load a tool and move on. Without the M codes you NEED a tool in the spindle.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasunique View Post
    As I understand, the ATC is not in right position as I made a wrong manipulation in prior state.
    thanks to help
    This is what I was asking about, did the arm move?
    The beaten path, is exclusively for beaten men.

We have an MX40-HA,
    The reset button does not re-clamp the spindle, if you remove a tool from the spindle , you must manually reclamp AND delete the tool reference of that tool as it won't toolchange a phantom tool
    ie T1 is removed from the spindle manuallyand re-clamp, MDI in another tool and it will hang as there is no tool to put away,

same senario in the carousel as there is a pull-stud detector on the incomming tool ---no pull-stud== no toolchange

BTW, another problem many overlook is the rapid knob turned to zero will give the appearance of a toolchange hangup

many would pull all the tools, re-load new tools into the carousel noting which tool# goes into what pot#, then update the tool data page