Hello

Im in the planning phase of building a cnc lathe for wood turning. I have come across a old +50 inch Sheldon lathe and want to canniblise it for cnc turning wood in the 6 inch x 8-10ft range. I have done research on purchasing a indexable lathe (legacy,doing a mechmate,turningaround,etc).
The price and feedback i have heard from legacy scared me off and doing a full ground up build with raw material was adding up fast on $ and time.
Basically i want to strip the lathe down and do a stretch on it adding the needed length, i have searched high and low for another of the same lathes and hopefully find another to basically merge two together and go from there,but this is from like 1956 era so they are pretty rare.
I guess to start could anyone point me in a direction....i would like to retro fit a "cnc retro fit kit" onto the lathe and mount a high powered router to it. The easy way i guess is to get a 3 axis cnc mill kit with a 4th added.
My donner lathe is a 10x56 sheldon if i remember right.
I have a full shop in the garage.....17x50 lathe,10x49 mill, cncjr mill...etc
so i can build anything i need to....just looking for some pointers from the vets here to help stop any bad mistakes, this forum is so huge i dont know where to start.

Thank you everyone that can assist
Jason