586,105 active members*
3,246 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport Interact 1 - Heidenhain TNC 151 Monitor

Bridgeport Interact 1 - Heidenhain TNC 151 Monitor

Hi there,

I've got a friend that deals in used machines. He deals mainly in the older manual stuff but recently (past year) acquired an Interact 1 with a bad monitor. He has acquired another monitor that appears to be identical except for the plug on the back that connects it to the TNC151.

I was wondering if anyone would know if the monitor plugs in the back of the monitors can be swapped if the pinout could be identified. If someone knows or could point me in the right direction, I would be eternally greatful. As part of my payment, I get to use the machine once we get it up and running.

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

AFAIK heidenhain monitors that are the same are the same. if it does not plug in it will not plug in.

there may be a big difference between the 151 and the 155, the 155 [and beyond] having graphics and a different monitor.

I know 145 and 151 monitors swap out, size irregardless

Quote Originally Posted by mattgatten View Post
    Hi there,

I've got a friend that deals in used machines. He deals mainly in the older manual stuff but recently (past year) acquired an Interact 1 with a bad monitor. He has acquired another monitor that appears to be identical except for the plug on the back that connects it to the TNC151.

I was wondering if anyone would know if the monitor plugs in the back of the monitors can be swapped if the pinout could be identified. If someone knows or could point me in the right direction, I would be eternally greatful. As part of my payment, I get to use the machine once we get it up and running.

Thanks in advance,
    Matt
    I have a BE 212 monitor for sale.

What I now about it is the following:
    when the control powers up, the monitor is completely blank.

We tried several good monitors and got the same result, so the monitor possibly is not bad.

i

This is good info. We are experiencing the same problem. If anyone has any leads on what the problem might be, I would greatly appreciate it.

We have a BE 212 that obviously won't work. We suspected it was a monitor problem. The BE 211B that we have is badly 'burned in' and we assumed it was worn out.

Today, I went over and we rewired it for 220v and got it to power up. By reading the manual and pressing the buttons on the TNC151, we were able to get the joysticks working and were able to toggle it to handwheel control. The only thing that wouldn't work is the spindle. Lock and everything seemed to be working. I imagine if we had a monitor that worked, we would see what we needed on the screen to get the spindle running. Our next step was to go after a replacement BE 211B but now it looks like the problem could be deeper. Ugh!

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

Hi Matt,
    I don't know if this will help or not but when i received my machine the previous owner had upgraded the controller to a tnc-360. I looked in the technical manual that he gave me and found the pin out for the connector so you can check simple stuff like powers and grounds.

i hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img079.jpg  

This is good info. We are experiencing the same problem. If anyone has any leads on what the problem might be, I would greatly appreciate it.

We have a BE 212 that obviously won't work. We suspected it was a monitor problem. The BE 211B that we have is badly 'burned in' and we assumed it was worn out.

Today, I went over and we rewired it for 220v and got it to power up. By reading the manual and pressing the buttons on the TNC151, we were able to get the joysticks working and were able to toggle it to handwheel control. The only thing that wouldn't work is the spindle. Lock and everything seemed to be working. I imagine if we had a monitor that worked, we would see what we needed on the screen to get the spindle running. Our next step was to go after a replacement BE 211B but now it looks like the problem could be deeper. Ugh!

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt
    Have u done entering a spindle speed command before turning on the spindle?
    i've done modifying a be211 to a LCD, working great. You can get the signals pinouts information from a TNC151 service manual, easily download-able from web.

I was wondering if anyone would know if the monitor plugs in the back of the monitors can be swapped if the pinout could be identified.
    what monitor are u going to swap it with? if it is an identical monochrome crt , i will definitely say a yes. You wont spoil anything even if the replacement crt doesn't sync correctly. Just to be careful with the pin that outputs a 12V on a TNC151 display signals output plug. In my case of modifying it to a LCD, i need only 4 pin out of it, horizontal sync, vertical sync, video and a gnd.