586,103 active members*
3,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Communication problem through CH 4 in Fanuc 21i-TB control

Communication problem through CH 4 in Fanuc 21i-TB control

I have a Bridgeport Powerpath 15 with Fanuc 21i-TB control. On it's setting screen it indicates channels (1~3) which are used for communication through RS232C. The machine is also equipped with PCMCIA slot located to the left of LCD. It accepts CF Cards but the manual says that we should select Channel 4 for reading through CF card but it is not shown on setting screen. Please tell me how we can activate channel 4 on the setting screen?

Quote Originally Posted by humak16 View Post
    I have a Bridgeport Powerpath 15 with Fanuc 21i-TB control. On it's setting screen it indicates channels (1~3) which are used for communication through RS232C. The machine is also equipped with PCMCIA slot located to the left of LCD. It accepts CF Cards but the manual says that we should select Channel 4 for reading through CF card but it is not shown on setting screen. Please tell me how we can activate channel 4 on the setting screen?
    just make parameter 20=4

Or on the Setting (handy) screen, in the box next to I/O channel, type 4 and press input

I have tried by changing Setting parameter 20=4 but it did not work. When I press the soft key 'CARD' It gives alarm Message ' Memory Card Error 1010. IN fact the machine shows only 0~3 I/O Channels on setting handy screen. whereas on other machines it shows 0~35 I/O channel Nos. for selection

what card are you using..

I am using CF Cards ( 512MB) capacity. These cards work good with other CNC Milling and Turning machine having Fanuc 21i control. I think on setting (handy) screen, No. 4 option is not available for selection on this machine. Option for selection is available for 0-3 channels. How I can activate this option on setting screen. The setting screen shows as follows:
    -----------------
    ---------------
    I/O channels = 0 (0-3; Channel No.)
    ----------------
    ----------------
    When I change it to 4 and try to read through CF card inserted in PCMCIA slot , it gives error message "Memory Card Error :1010
    [email protected]

You may want to look at your pins inside the PCMCIA slot on the machine because two years ago I got a new supermax with mxp-200I contol and while the machine was brand new I had two pins bent over in the slot and got the same alarm as you.

I have checked pin connections these are fine. Memory card also works good with other machines. Is there any special parameter which activates Channel 4?
    humak16

I see you have already tried changing parmeter 20 and that is the one on my machines. One other silly question is have you opened the cabnit to make sure that you have a cable running to a card for the pcmcia slot

I have checked the cable from PCMCIA to Mother BOard. It is intact.

Were you able to store 4 in param 20?

Dear Sinha,
    Yes the control accepts 4 in Para#20.

Hold the two right hand soft keys
    □►
    Power on the control

use the soft keys to navigate to Memory card format
    Press Select
    Press Yes
    Press Select
    navigate to end
    press select
    navigate to end
    Press select

If at any point you get a memory card error on this screen there is some thing physically wrong i.e incompatible card or physical defect

if the format works correctly re try the CARD softkey
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

Early 21i series controls don't accept CF cards. You may have to use SRAM card instead.

ATB

Alge