586,082 active members*
3,640 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Circular Text

Hello,

Fairly new to gibbscam and have a problem I can't figure out. Working with 2" round stock and trying to put circular text on the face.

In Gibbs I make a 2" circle on a x1 y1 center line for reference. I open text creation tool and select the following.

Center Point X1 Y1 Z0
    Text Height .2"
    Center Justification
    Angle First Name 90 Last Name 270
    Radius .75
    Spacing .002 between characters. Other spacing options not important on this.

With this setup I can do the first and last name engraving ok. (file labeled CIRCULAR TEXT CLOCKWISE)

If I want to do the first name in clockwise direction then the last name in counter clockwise direction I just change the text flow shape to counter clockwise for the last name, change angle to 270. No matter which starting point I select on the grid I am not on the same radius as the first name in the clockwise direction. (File labeled CIRCULAR TEXT CCW)

I can mess with the radius setting and get it ok but don't understand why when I leave the radius at .75" it doesn't work. Any help or pointers greatly appreciated.

GibbsCam 2009 V9.3.3

Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Files Attached Files

I had no problems, text is on the .75 radius using your parameters. Upload your VNC file so I can see what you might be doing wrong.

Thanks Cadman, I have attached both vnc files. Let me know if it's not what ya need.
    Attached Files Attached Files

bob,

I'm able to reproduce your misaligned text if I change the text flow and have the wrong start position checked. Otherwise, I can't see anything else that would change the alignment of the text placed at 270 deg. All I can suggest is start over with the text and only make one change at a time with the parameters.

Thanks cadman, will mess with it for a while and see what I come up with. Like i said it first post it is OK as long as I stay with the clockwise flow but when I do the first name clockwise and the other counter clockwise seems like I must be missing something. Will post back what I find.

thanks,
    Bob
    :cheers:

Here is a short screen video of what I am doing. I first do it with text running clockwise and you can see everything looks OK. I then try it with last name counter clockwise and just change the location and you can see that no matter what grid start point I select I don't have any luck.

Only 4.8MB zip file but couldn't get it to attach here so I put on sendspace.
    Code:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/vvuh98

Just checked out your video and that looks really strange. What graphics card are you running, and are the drivers up to date? Also, what applications do you have running in the background?

Running on my desktop, built in graphics on mobo, NVIDIA GeForce 6100.

Everything is up to date.

Win7 Ultimate
    AVG Free AV
    Network Magic

So it looks as if I am going through proper steps? Any other settings in Gibbs that would affect the CCW text flow?

Thanks for the assistance,
    Bob