586,113 active members*
3,638 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation DM2400 Conversion help

I saw in a thread by CNCIAM he had converted a DM2400 CNC mill to newer programming. I would like to speak to CNCIAM or anyone who has converted a DM2400 over. I just purchased a DM2400 from a hospital that was using it to cut blocks for radiation treatments. Apparently the older programming was to difficult to use and the mill sat ideal for years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know CNCIAM is from Atlanta and I live close and would really like to see his mill and discuss the modifications. My son is completing his last semester in machining and I wanted to give him this mill for graduating.

Thanks

Randy

I have one also. Though my thought was to convert it over to a newer controller and run Mach 3. This machine is lightly used and all operating I just dont have a way to communicate with the RS232 port or the software. I also think that I want a larger machine. This is a very solid benchtop machine and I am still in debate. I have read a few threads since I purchased it of possible inexpensive interfacing. We will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by cncinbama View Post
    I saw in a thread by CNCIAM he had converted a DM2400 CNC mill to newer programming. I would like to speak to CNCIAM or anyone who has converted a DM2400 over. I just purchased a DM2400 from a hospital that was using it to cut blocks for radiation treatments. Apparently the older programming was to difficult to use and the mill sat ideal for years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know CNCIAM is from Atlanta and I live close and would really like to see his mill and discuss the modifications. My son is completing his last semester in machining and I wanted to give him this mill for graduating.

Thanks

Randy