586,655 active members*
3,609 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > DynaTorch > Building a Dyna Torch like machine?

Building a Dyna Torch like machine?

I’m looking to convert one of my diy cnc mill tables into a plasma table. The table that I want to convert is using a Keling servo motor kit w/ gecko drivers and US Digital encoders. I use Mach 3 to run this machine but want to switch to the Dyna Torch CNC software for a variety of reasons. Is it possible to convert my mill into a Dyna Torch like machine? I don’t want to spend any additional money on a new Dyna Torch machine because I have all the main components (motors, drivers, encoders, power supply, table, etc) already on hand and a table fully assembled.

How proprietary is the software? Will the software be able to communicate with my Gecko drivers and US digital encoders? Or is it only functional using the SmartMotor servo/driver combo that Dyna Torch sells?

What would need to be done to have the functionality of the THC that the Dyna Torch machines come with?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Brian

Take a look at this:

http://www.dynatorch.com/BasicDrive.htm

I think the software is written for smartmotors in particular.

WSS

A DT popped up on eBay. Looks like it is in nice shape. A cheap way to get into one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CNC-Plasma-table...#ht_3058wt_881

WSS

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks WSS been looking for a machine for a number of years,Cruise E-bay and Craigslist near daily but you caught it first. It will be in my garage next week or the week after at the absolute latest depending on scheduling. The seller has been great in working with me to get it ready for shipping and everything. Can't wait, this has been a long time coming. Feel like a little kid at christmas. I'm sure I will have lots of questions. Thanks again.

SWEET

Quote Originally Posted by redfarm View Post
    Thanks WSS been looking for a machine for a number of years,Cruise E-bay and Craigslist near daily but you caught it first. It will be in my garage next week or the week after at the absolute latest depending on scheduling. The seller has been great in working with me to get it ready for shipping and everything. Can't wait, this has been a long time coming. Feel like a little kid at christmas. I'm sure I will have lots of questions. Thanks again.
    Great! Post some pics. You will love it. If you can, have the delicate stuff shipped to you in a box UPS or FedEx or something. This way you know it is safe and in your hands.

You don't see to many DTs for resale. You got lucky.

WSS