I purchased an Enshu Yuasa AccuMill 1547 with tool changer about eight years ago. This is my mill:

I am a good machinist, but not too good with computers. The mill was purchased in "running condition" and I saw it do a few things while it was still under power at the machinery dealer from whom I purchased it. I was sure that I would be able to figure it out.

But I never did. I understand the concept of G-code, and compiling a program, but I was never able to figure out how to get a PC hooked up to it, or download programs, or write programs at the pendant, or execute a program.

Then I moved and the mill went into storage for about five years. I have recently gotten it out of storage, and it no longer powers up. I am about 98% sure that it is the power supply board, and I have a line on another one. But if I get it powering up again, I will be in the same boat I was in earlier, of not being able to run it.

I have new motivation to figure it out. I also have access to forums like this one, which did not exist eight years ago.

I would REALLY LIKE to hear from anyone who is running this mill, or maybe other knee mills with the Fanuc 3M, and hear about how difficult it is.

I would even consider flying someone out to New Mexico for a few days, and putting them up, if there was someone out there who A) thinks they could help me get it running and B) needs a vacation.

I welcome any feedback, and would love to hear from folks who know about this mill and/or this controller.

Thanks a lot,
Christian