586,036 active members*
3,793 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Polls > Who works in manufacturing. programming or machining

View Poll Results: Who works in manufacturing, machinist or programer, both

Voters
1442. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do it all, program, setup and run a CNC machine daily.

964 66.85%
  • I setup & run a machine, but I dont do much/any programming.

98 6.80%
  • All I do is program CNC machines.

151 10.47%
  • Im into CNC as hobby right now. It is not how I earn a living.

261 18.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 11 56789
    I am trying to sell my V-22 Bobcad-Cam to help my wife with hospital bills when MB TECHNOLOGIES comes in the classifieds and posted this as a comment to my ad.

Author MB TECHNOLOGIES Registered: August 2008
    "you are selling bad software that needs extensive updating reqards"

His first post here on the zone. Now I can not figure out why someone would do a thing like this. Any way sorry to have interrupted your thread.

Hi, I have been progamming for about 9 years. I started out in a sheetmetal shop programming cnc turret punches and after about 5 years moved to a wood shop to program cnc routers. The software I have used for programming is Merrymech SMP, Alpha Cam, & Microvellum.

I setup and run a CNC Mill but don't program other than to modify the existing programs if there is and problems

I am just a helper here but I enjoy learning new things in our cnc machine shop :rainfro:.

14 years general machining experience, 10 years of CNC programming. I do everything from 2 axis lathes to 12 axis mill/turn centers with 2 spindles and 3 turrets and 3-5 axis mills. setup, programming, fixture design, turn key solutions, time studies, etc.

Who works in manufacturing. programming or machining

Quote Originally Posted by wisp View Post
    I started out as a cnc operator/trainee. Did that for about 6 years, and have been programming cnc's full time for the last 7 years. Just wondering who else on cnczone works in manufacturing.
    I do all everyday,since 1996,the machines I work on are Mazak Quick Turn 20 H.P and the new Mazak Nexus 250

Im a student of electrical engenering and im working on my project. I have to program and set up EMC2 to work with gecko 320 drive, to run a small servo motor. I don't know where to start from so please help

hi,i need some help about stepper

i have got a stepper motor and a 5A h-bridge for 5 wire stepper.
    i bought a breakout board which buffers the parallel port output to 5V+.
    now i want to run my stepper through parallel port using Turbocnc cam software.

I am confused about the phase definations in the axis configuration.can you help me how to define phases in the phase definations?
    http://www.dakeng.com/man/turbocnc.html#_Toc90515682
    this is a link to the Turbocnc help with photos even.
    but still my motor is not running.

can u tell me how to set pins 2,3,4,5 for stepper pulses?
    hope you can help.
    jasminder singh

can anybody help me out?plzz

i have got a stepper motor and a 5A h-bridge for 5 wire stepper.
    i bought a breakout board which buffers the parallel port output to 5V+.
    now i want to run my stepper through parallel port using Turbocnc cam software.

I am confused about the phase definations in the axis configuration.can you help me how to define phases in the phase definations?
    http://www.dakeng.com/man/turbocnc.html#_Toc90515682
    this is a link to the Turbocnc help with photos even.
    but still my motor is not running.

can u tell me how to set pins 2,3,4,5 for stepper pulses?
    hope you can help.
    jasminder singh

Hi,

I started a fitting apprenticeship in 2004 for an ex company of Horstman in Bath UK, now its 2008 I am still an apprentice, been programming and operating XYZ 4000VM Milling Machine, for the last 8 months, now being trained on our new DOOSAN PUMA 240 Turning Centre and DOOSAN MYNX 410 Maching Centre, in the new year I will be progressing on to learning BobCAD-CAM.

Absolutely love machine would never go back to fitting.

Smile need ur expertise...

hye all..im a newbie..
    dont know if anyone is reading this

im a student currently pursuing my bachalors..i am constructing an interfacing electro fitting project for my final project subject..would need ur expert assistant on my project..hope u guys could guide me through the completion of my project..thank u..

I do it all. At least I'm trying too

I've had my ez-router useing bobcad for about 2 years now. I started out and learned how to run the Cad, Cam, and router by myself just cutting out flat parts for video game cabinets, now I don't do much of that simple programming and cutting anymore. It's very satisfiying when you learn a new operation and actually cut it, but it is very discouraging sometimes because I'm trying to learn it on my own. All you guys on here have been very helpfull with the information that you provide. THanks,

cutter22

Twenty years and do it all...

I've been in the trade 20 years and have done most every aspect of the job. From entry level button pusher to manufacturing engineer....
    I started writing programs long hand, but now use Gibbs Cam.

Hi, Started out as button pusher in 1993 on a Trumpf TC500R With a 1250 Sheetmaser and Stopa storage unit. I made my way to programming a year later. I Starting Laser programming in 2001 for a Trumpf 6030 3k, and have been doing it since. I currently have at arms length, a Trumpf 3030 4k, and a Trumpf 2030 3.2k Laser. I've used Merry Mech. SMP, Pronest, and Tops.

I started like most probably as a button pusher but was so intriged that I started reading about it in books and online in '94 right out of high school. I have done it long hand and now use Gibbs Cam but still like to do it the old way. Just to show the younger guys you dont need the computer.

I think the both ways are good idea the learn, I was the lead supervisor at Company call ZTM in wichita , ks on aerospace , is pretty handy type your own programs or learn
    how program on one off the many cad programs there on the market , my self I bought a BOB cad it is Ok but still I need to still learning , but right now after get fire in December 11 2008 , i owns A FADAL because I really familiar with this machines I been working with this machines for 9 years ALSO WITH ROTARY 4 AXIS FADALS FANUC CONTROLS RUNINN MORISIKI.

Hmmmmmm....... Does someone want to vote soon??
    LOL 666 votes for the do allers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WTF.jpg  
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Well Hi on a Mazak Quick turn Nexus 200- any problem,s here to help

Hi.
    Started as a tool maker 28 years ago, moved on to auto and nc machines then c nc machines as they came popular, been at it ever since. Been involved with all forms of every thing in machining.

Hello all,started 28 years ago in the mold making industry and now own a small cnc production - mold shop

Page 7 of 11 56789