586,117 active members*
3,595 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > rendering questions,

Question rendering questions,

HI guys, Ive been using bobcad for over a year now with mixed results, but its mine, i paid for it, ill move on. Im just now getting to the point where i would like to render some of my drawings to use in some product lists etc.
    I can get most of the items to render, Im using v20.something, so its a little easier. But i have a few questions.
    1) how can i change the color of the rendered item. I can change the render background but not the item.

2) sometimes the inside of the item has a shiney look and the outside has a frosted look. sometimes its reversed, is this a setting or option?

3) imagine im rendering something like the C shape of half a donut. How do you get the ends to render solid. ive tried the "cap ends" button but it doenst seem to change anything, i tried to make the caps their own surface, but i ran into some other error.

4) I cannot print a rendered image. the print dialog box opens and it looks like its going to print, but it never does. a regular cad screen will print fine.
    its an epson 66c printer i believe.

thanks in advance for any help

Ed

Bobcad Questions Answered

Question 1: Select solid object, change menu, attributes, click on "solid" tab, select desired color, click OK. Thats how to change colors of solids. The Attributes menu is very mportant and is something I use everytime I I use the software.

Question 2: In the Solid Render Window the Drawing Options tab will allow you to change some aspects of the rendering image, however it is somewhat limited.

Question 4: Some people have been having problems with printing. I have not had this problem as of yet. All I can say is to make sure to keep your software up to date with updates posted on the web. The site is www.bobcad.com/updates. The current update for v20 is 20.4

Hope this helps. :wave:

I have been using bobcad v18, v19 and v20 at home and work now for over two years now with very few problems. I have attended the Bobcad training class with Sorin Nenu and I highly recommend it. Sorin is probally the best there is with this software. The more you use Bobcad the more you will learn to do with it.