586,119 active members*
3,394 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc Power Mate

I am having problems getting certain functions on a machine going, and I think it may be related to the Power Mate unit. This unit is A02B-0168-B011, and when the machine is fully powered up, it has a red L.E.D. labelled S1 flashing. I do not have any info for this unit, so I don't know what this L.E.D. indicates.

Anyone had experience with these units, or maybe a maintenance manual in PDF format you can send me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards, Oz

S1 LED

The S1 LED is just an indication the the unit is in an alarm state.
    You will need to connect an MDI/DPL unit to the PowerMate to see what the actual alarm is.

RRL

Handy required unless you have a later control then you can see it in the PMM screen.

The PMM feature is the Power Motion Manager which is an interface to monitor and configure the Beta I/O Link servo drive units. These amplifers connect to the CNC through the I/O Link bus (JD1A/JD1B) connections and don't add to the CNC axis count. The PMM has pages for Parameters, Diagnostics, and Messages that are essentially separate from the CNC controlled servos.

The A02B-0168-Bxxx is actually a Power Mate E. This is a combination of a single axis 'CNC' controller and servo amplifier that has it's own PMC Ladder, part program area, parameters, diagnostics, etc. The only HMI interface offered is the MDI/DPL unit to be able to see the alarms or set parameters, etc. In some applications, it communicates with a master CNC through the I/O Link (when used as a tool changer axis, etc), but the I/O Link is only used to exchange data and not always to program each command statement.