586,076 active members*
3,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Solidworks files result in "Entity Not Found" Error Messages...

Solidworks files result in "Entity Not Found" Error Messages...

Trying to get Edgecam to work with Solidworks files. Edgecam works fine when you create an object in it. Generated code is good, etc. But when a Solidworks file is loaded and milling function attempted, at the point where you select the features, it refuses to use them stating: "Entity Not Found." Is there a "translation" or "compiling" step for surfaces to be used in standard Solidworks files? Tutorials don't shed any light. What am I missing?

Any help appreciated.

Not sure if this is what you want, but try to use feature finder in design mode first. Then you can machine these features afterwards in manufacturing mode.

The other thing you could test is to choose the roughing operation, this should work with the solid as is.

I'll try that. And thank you for the reply.

It's a couple of weeks late but did you get your issue resolved? One problem I encountered with iges files was similar and was something around the part being loaded via an insert part or solid but was OK if I used the open command. My other work-around was to open the iges file in Part Modeler and save it in that format. Hope you got things worked out.

Hi all, this is my first time on here, so I'm not sure if this is the right way to post a question. I'm trying to post a program in Edgecam, but i get a message that reads:
    Error code: 24
    Could not output file.

If anyone knows what this means, please let me know.
    THANKS.

Quote Originally Posted by krussell View Post
    Hi all, this is my first time on here, so I'm not sure if this is the right way to post a question. I'm trying to post a program in Edgecam, but i get a message that reads:
    Error code: 24
    Could not output file.

If anyone knows what this means, please let me know.
    THANKS.
    Planit Global Customer Support Portal - Secure Customer Login is available to customers on maintenance and has answers to this, and other questions.

Q I'm receiving an error message 'Error Code : 24 could not open output file' when trying to generate NC Code?
    A The error is normally caused when no file path or file name has been set for the CNC Name in the Generate Code dialog box.

save your solidworks file as a "parasolid" and import it into edgecam as it will recognise the format. Else import it as a dxf/dwg but then it requires you to do alot of work> eg: selecting centre points of arcs and lines and the start and end of them. should you miss one of these points you will get a the message of entity missing, before you change from drawing to machining select from the drop down menu, "select CPL" and select your origin. hope this helps..