587,012 active members*
3,389 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Can I buy brackets to mount parts in my electrical enclosure?

Can I buy brackets to mount parts in my electrical enclosure?

Can I buy brackets to mount parts in my electrical enclosure?

So this is the case I will be using to mount a power supply, bob and drivers etc. There is on the left and right hand sides slots for mounting brackets etc.

I don't want to have to drill through the bottom of the case to have to mount the parts etc. So what is the best way to do it? Surely there must be brackets you can buy to do what I want to do. Or do you just bend up some tin youself?

Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Control Enclosure.JPG  
    My little site on MIG welding http://www.learn-how-to-weld.com/mig-welding/

Unless the maker of that cabinet has mount parts specificly for that one, you will probably have to fashion your own. You might try a hardware store in your area for some aluminum angle stock. Maybe some 10 X 10 X 2 (mm) angle stock to make some rails to go from one side to the other secured to the slotted holes to mount your parts on.

Steve

The way pro boxes do it is that they have a removable back plate and all the stuff mounts to the back plate. The back plate mounts via standoffs.
    You could fab up some brackets from the slots to hold a back plate. You will be surprised how much prewiring you can do before you put the plate with all the stuff on it into the case.

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

You can also use standoffs. I have also used L-shaped brackets from home improvement stores....I usually buy the solid brass ones as they are easier to cut and drill.

Paul

On my power supply, I just used the existing mounting holes on the bottom. There are also mounting holes on the sides.

For the BOB, it probably has holes that you can mount it to standoffs and then secure the standoffs to the enclosure.

I'm now thinking I might just bend up a bit of sheet steel so that it bolts to the sides in that case and just have it so it's about 1/4" off the bottom.

Then I can just bolt and screw everything down onto the one piece.
    My little site on MIG welding http://www.learn-how-to-weld.com/mig-welding/

If you are looking to mount contactors, power suply, etc most commercial products are made to mount to " DIN rails. The rails can be mounted to a back panel that can mount inside your enclosure. Or you can mount directly to the inside.
    here is one source for the din rails. Google for others.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/Din-Rail/E...002003146.HTML