586,113 active members*
3,268 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: CNC MAGAZINE

CNC MAGAZINE

Has anyone received a new issue of the CNC magazine?

I assume you are talking about the Haas magazine, if so I have never gotten an issue!

I've signed up probably 5 times and have never received a single issue.

Yep, that's the one. Haas seems to be way behind on issues. I guess there is no good news for anyone to report these days.

They seem to be pretty tight with these, perhaps you got booted out of the "in crowd". (lol)

:stickpoke

Buying Mori's could do that! I checked the web site and it is not listing a new issue either. I figured that with IMTS new info would be out all over the place. The y axis ST-20 is not listed on the Haas web site but it is being advertised in all of the trade magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by l u k e View Post
    I assume you are talking about the Haas magazine, if so I have never gotten an issue!

I've signed up probably 5 times and have never received a single issue.
    I'm in the same boat. I've probably done it 5 times or so and still don't receive any issues.

Greg

I signed up for CNC Machining on the Haas website several times and never seemed to get on the subscription list. I talked to the folks at my local HFO in Phoenix about this and the magazine started appearing in my mail box. Evidently they know the right people in Oxnard.

Maybe I'm a soft touch for things like this, but I think CNC Machining is really great. It has good technical content, examples of what customers are doing their machines, and it often has inspiring stories of people who started with a Haas in their garage and grown into a successful business. It does a good job of appealing to both prospective and existing customers. I read each issue cover to cover. I wish it would come out on a monthly basis.

Before I bought my TM-1 I read all the back issues of CNC Machining that were on the Haas website. The technical column in the back of the magazine is a nice feature. Along with what I read on CNCZone and some other websites, CNC Machining had a direct impact on my decision to buy a Haas machine.

The only thing that would make CNC Machining better is a center foldout of the Machinist Babe of the Month. Maybe I'll mention this to my local HFO and see if they can work their magic with the folks in Oxnard again.