586,033 active members*
3,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Pinouts for 9p to 25p No null modem

Pinouts for 9p to 25p No null modem

Can someone tell me the pinouts for 9p to 25p?

RS232 connections.docHere is a word doc for you.

Neal

thanks Neal, got the rs232 working.. I have another question if you don't mind pondering on it. Some of my buttons on the keypad are operating other functions..

Auto------ not responding
    Manual---- Both manual and Coolant 2
    Coolant 2-- Both coolant 2 and manual
    Jog------- Sometimes jog and turret CCW
    Coolant 1-- not responding

They are doing this simultaneously.

I had the 1090-4b board in the pendant replaced 2 weeks ago and Tuesday Flint Machine tool replaced my CPU, Mill Interface, Amp Rack and the power supply beside of it. Could it be the keypad itself?

The machine/buttons were doing fine this morning when i started it up after getting the RS232 cable right I've had it on while setting the vise, tooling and cammed the part. When I started it to try to run my program it ran normal until the endmill offset and dropped to depth then it stopped and said "Feed Stopped" or "feed off" where it would flash slide hold if you press the slide hold button while in auto.

I've had a lot of issues with this machine. I aquired it about 6 weeks ago and have not been able to run it yet

Thanks for your time
    Clifford Lineberry

It would appear that when you press a key adjacent contact are also being activated. This would indicate a bad keyboard. No guarantees but that seems to me to be the most logical.

Neal

wires

as neal stated the keyboard could be the issue,i would clip the wire ties on the wires going to the keyboard interface and move them around+seperate the group and see if one of the wires seems to be the issue sometimes the wires get pinched if the wire ties are too tight and sometimes even power noise from one wire can effect another in the group.also if this only started after the repair the ribbon cables from the keyboard to the interface may not be seated right.but the keyboard is most likey the issue but the wires are easy to mess with before paying for the keyboard.the keyboard can be intermitent as it warms up after powerup working fine when cold but not when warm.