586,061 active members*
4,412 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

350MY x and y axis center postition

Ever since we bought this machine the x and y axis have not beed centered to the c axis. We have been compensating using the tool offset page but doing this makes us have to adjust the part program in order to get correct diameters on bolt hole patterns, ect.

Does anyone have any suggestions to fixing this problem? We had Mazak support come in once but their support has been terrible.

Thanks,

Not even your X axis? So you have to comp your tools right off the bat just to hit the diameters in turning also?

There's a set of parameters to set your machine centerlines. I don't have them off the bat but I can't imagine Mazak came in and couldn't get it set for you. The support overall might suck for you but they should've got it done when they did get in there.....

What control?
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

Not even the X axis. I do have to comp the values immediately. The parameters to adjust the comp for the tool eye can be adjusted I just haven't done that. When mazak support came in the guy was adjusting the turret physically. I'm not sure exaclty how that works but he had the front of the turrret off and was working on it from there. He said he had it as close as he could get it. I wanted the live tooling to be exactly on center because I can work with the static tools being slightly off.

we have a Matrix control...

The parameters for adjusting the center with X and Y are M16 on a Matrix control.

Set a dial gauge in the headstock and measure inside a mill tool holder the center.

The center value of Y is 0 and X is -420 I think (could be otherwise, check center value of machine.)

You have to change the parameter M16 for X-and Y with the value difference to the center.
    EX.
    You measured the center and you have the center in the dial gauge at practically 0.
    X -420,1000
    Y 0,0300

You have to change the parameter of M16 axis X with -500 and of Y-axis with +300

Regards