586,495 active members*
1,730 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

sabre 500 with A2100

Just brought it home and powered it up. I am getting a 39-12 Alarm TS_XFMR_TEMP. It mentions that the tap could be wrong on the transformer. Where is this transfomer? and How do you tap it for 240V 3 Phase. The only transformer I have found is the 230V to 12V-115V. is this it? It also state there could be an error with the temperature sensor, anyone have a location on it? I don't have an install manual.

Mine came with an autotransformer but the machine wants 240-3ph so I left the transformer out. You only need it if you are coming off 460 or something else like that. The transformer has an overtemp sensor in it that connects to the machine. If you don't have that, you will need to short pin2 to pin1 on the P6 plug in the R6 receptacle on the input module (upper right inside cabinet behind the output module ). See attached pic, I am pointing at the shorting wire on my machine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R6.jpg  

Thanks for your reply. That did it.

Vince

New Issue--Now that it comes up okay I can't seem to align it. Z aligns okay, then Y aligns okay, then X moves all the way to the hard stop and I get a servo over current error. I believe that no signal is going out from the home switch or the end of stroke limit. I have tried following the wires and have not got very far with that. Is there a way to monitor the state of the input in the machine? On the older cincy's you could watch the led on the I/O cards. Any option like that?

Axis Error 39-55

Foldback error is on on the drive. I have taken the way covers off and have no problems moving the table back and forth with my hands ie, No obstructions. Any Ideas?

still x axis? did u fix the home sw?

our drives display F for foldback when u run into a hardstop or have excess friction. IF this is happening after running into the hardwtop in lou of overcurrent error (which shud NOT have happened) then it cuz u are pushing against hardstop. this is normal response to doing tha, not a drive error.

First, to answer your question, you can view the I/O status in PWare. Different vintage machines had different versions of Pware, but essentially you'll want to view Board 0 Rack 0. I think the X-axis home switch is I0.5.

Not knowing more about your machine [vintage, drive package (kollmorgan or acramatic servo), feedback type (scale or encoder)], first instinct is your home switch is stuck down. This will cause the machine to travel away from the home switch until it runs out of travel (normal home procedure for machines without scale feedback is to approach home switch until it is seen, then back away until input drops out). You should be able to check this easily by pulling the sheet metal guard from the front of the table to access the switch. I usually spray contact cleaner on it and cycle the switch by hand until it moves freely.

Don't know about any LED or monitor sw, but you can probe pin9 on p2 in the same input module. Should read 24V when switch is engaged. You can look at pin11 of the same plug for comparison (Y axis).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ls.jpg  

The home switch sticking down was the issue, so thanks for the heads up. I figured it out by checking the switch state at the plugs. Mine does have Kollmorgan drives and I will have to check out the Pware, that would have helped during trouble shooting.

Thanks for all you help

Vince

Thought I was ready to shred steel but alas I was wrong. I am getting a 44-83 alarm.
    I am trying to orient the spindle and I don't know if it is what I am doing or something is wrong. If In MDI I command a M06 T(X) It will try to put the existing tool away without orienting it to the pocket. I am at a loss. Any help would be great.

Thanks

I'm not sure what that alarm number means, I'll try to give you a better explanation if you can tell me what the description of the alarm is.

If your problem is just that the spindle doesn't orient properly for the toolchanger, this is controlled by parameter P1 in the spindle drive. In order to change this, you will need to hook a computer up to the spindle drive and use motionlink software to reset the spindle orientation.

If this is the problem, let me know and I can get you more detailed information on the procedure.

Alternatively, I have seen people loosen the spindle belt enough to jump the teeth and get the orientation close enough that it will work, but this will most likely not get you to the exact orientation you want.

This kind of a hard on to explain, But here goes. When I align the machine everything works properly including the spindle. If I run a tool and shut it off the spindle is not in the correct orientation for tool change. If I then go to MDI and request a tool change the tool changer comes in but the spindle does not orient first. I have also tried an M19 and that is when I get the above mentioned error. From memory the error says something about exceeding max encoder counts. I will get a better description when I get back in front of the machine.

The M19 orientation is a different parameter than the tool change orientation, so you are possibly looking at 2 separate issues.

M6
    When you call out an M6, the control sends a signal to the spindle drive to request a tool change orientation, which is handled exclusively by the spindle drive once the command is received. So, the question at this point is when you call out an M6, does the spindle orient to the wrong position, or does it not attempt to orient at all? If it attempts to orient, but just goes to the wrong position, then you will need to reset the P1 parameter in the spindle drive I mentioned previously using motionlink software to communicate with the drive. If not, you will need to look into why the orientation is not occuring.

M19
    M19 orientation is based on the Align Trim set in the A2100. The Cincinnati recommended setup has M19 set to orient to approximately the same location as the tool change, but if your spindle motor, drive or belts have ever been changed, the chances that these still match are fairly slim. Since you indicated M19 is what caused the alarm you referenced, I would start by checking the align trim setting in the control (depending on your software version the path should be something like: More, System Configuration, Axes, Axes Data, Port 1). Record the current value, then set it to zero, commit changes and try another M19 to see if the alarm still occurs.