586,100 active members*
2,737 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport boss 6 help

[email protected]I am trying to search out problem. My machine wont reset. When the reset button is pushed light will go out as long as it is held in but as soon as it is released it comes back on. Any help on what I should check? Spindle wont start as it wont reset. Please keep answers simple as I am not a electronic person but I do know how to use a volt/ohm meter. Thanks

You may be on a x or y limit switch.
    Once and awhile when cleaning mine I will shut it down not realizing I ran it up on a limit switch
    Mine is running on Mach 3
    I just hold in my reset button and reset mach then then jog off the switch not sure how to do it with oem control

Thanks I will look to see if that is the problem

I checked and neither switch was tripped. But thanks for the tip.

I will have to look in the manual to see how its wired but the z axis has a limit switch and the oil reservoir may have a low level switch.
    Cant remember off hand how they where set up.
    thought for sure you were on one of those limits

Maybe the spindle overload should be reset as well.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks all for the recommendations. I will keep trying to find the problem. I haven't looked into the last two suggestions but I will. Could you tell me the procedure for checking the oil level switch? Thanks

Boss 6 Help needed

I checked to see if I was getting power to the oiler. It should be 120 volts when power to machine is on? I had a zero reading. I had zero ohms between 2 of the wires going to the oiler which I think is normal. So that may be my problem no power getting to the oiler. I tried to trace the wires but had no luck. Anyone know what I should check next? Overload didn't look to be tripped.

I believe the oiler only runs when the spindle is running.
    There should be a oil level switch in the resevoir .
    I will get my manual out later and look and see if I can see something else.
    I am still learning about these machines myself.
    Guys like George and others know these things inside and out and can solve about anything.
    George has helped me so much the last few years with my BP,s
    Great well built machines.

Thanks, any help is welcome.

On my Boss 5 the lube pump runs all of the time when the main power switch is on. the low lube indicator should be the red wire coming from the lube pump. Low lube will trip e-stop. Try disconnecting the red wire labeled 138 (on Boss 5).

I will check it. Thanks

I tried unhooking the red wires marked 138 and it did not help. I hooked them back up and looked to see if there was voltage coming from them. I tried from 138 to ground and no voltage. The wires I have at the oiler are white, black and red coming from the machine. Then the 2 wires going inside the oil tank are both red. Then there is an encoder on top of the oiler that has 3 wires white. blue, and red. So I am still looking for a way to reset the machine. Thanks for any suggestions as I am lost here as to what to do.

I still need help with reset. I have tried all suggestions but machine still wont reset. Thanks

If you hold the reset button in, can you jog the machine in any direction?

I haven't because the brake also is not releasing because I can't reset. But I will try anyway.

The only brake I can think of is the spindle brake.
    Try holding the reset button like he said and see if by chance the axis will jog.

I tried moving the axis but nothing happened. I also checked out the E-Stop but it was working.