Khalid,

My apologies. I took your original post to be an unjustified projecting directed towards me which is why I defended my position so strongly.

This is a very important issue to me. Anyone who knows me personally knows that what I'm trying to do goes beyond this community, however, I can not make the progress or provide the help which is needed for the manufacturing industries in the USA without the support of this community and others. Betraying this community is not my intention as it would completely undermine what I'm trying to do.

Actually I believe that it is those in the USA who sit on the fence and do nothing that are betraying not only themselves but the entire manufacturing industry. We enjoy having freedom of speech in the USA so I think that everyone should get involved and voice their opinion on this matter.

Most of us in the manufacturing industry made a good living until several years ago when cheap, low quality offshore manufacturing started to flood the US market. This has severely damaged the US economy as many companies started using these offshore services to save money. What many have discovered is that it actually cost them much more doing business offshore in the long run. However, there is still a mistaken belief that they must go offshore in order to compete in the market.

I'm gathering the experiences of those who have used offshore manufacturing services and sharing them with OEM's and other customers so they get an education about what to really expect. It gives them a better picture about the true cost of doing business offshore. These are clearly posted online along with my 14 years of experiences dealing with offshore mold factories. 95% of the people I've talked to have had problems offshore which has also been my experience.

Note that I have never taken an injection mold project offshore and never recommend to others to do so. The only reason I go there is because customers I know decided to have their mold/s made in China and had problems. Because of my experience and knowledge about injection molds they request that I go to China, assess the situation, determine where best to make the needed adjustments and/or repairs and get their mold/s out of the country asap!

So far this year I've kept several projects from going offshore, one was a package of injection molds valued at almost $2,000,000. It won't be going to China as was originally intended. Instead a mold shop or several mold shops in the USA will be seeing this work. I'm sure they'll be grateful for my efforts and I will reap the satisfaction of knowing that I was able to do something for my fellow US citizens who work in the manufacturing industry.

Unlike some who reside here in the USA I have no doubts about which country my loyalties belong to!

Let's just agree that we had a slight misunderstanding and let this rest.

Have a terrific day!
Robert
3D Accuracy

P.S. I'm sorry to hear that China has already destroyed the industry in your country. This is truly unfortunate and should never be allowed to happen. Here in the USA that Anaconda will eventually have it's head cut off, I can guarantee it!