3,456 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: XZero CNC

Page 159 of 226 59109149157158159160161169209
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 4515
    Quote Originally Posted by DiaLFonZo View Post
    Here was my crate...
    I was scared to send it so i over packaged it.
    It has wook all around at the end.

$400 for shipping that? its only like 700km away isn't it? must be with HST and everything
    XZero cnc

Quote Originally Posted by gio666 View Post
    Nice set up you have, vacuum top would save a lot of time
    most of the parts are too small for vac so it wouldt help in this case.

i have 110 inch long 55 inch wide machine with one ball screw. at the time when i was putting the machine together, there was some concern if one screw will be enough for 110 in long span but for hobbies purposes i am pretty happy with the machine so far. i do have 1:2 gearing for x axis to have additional torque. feedback for the folks who want some additional data point.

extremely happy to see George learning and improving the design. i am also happy with after sales service/parts from XZero. hope delivery process has improved and 1+ year delay is something of past.

regards,

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    twin ball screw makes it so the gantry cant twist on the rails. twisting is not an issue in the regular machine for cutting in wood, plastic, light aluminium, etc. but for heavier cuts in aluminium, brass or even steel, twin screws can make alot of difference, putting the heavier machines like the demon and predator on par with some small mills for metal cutting performance. for metal cutting, more mass and rigidity are always better. on the smaller, light weight round rail machines, you probably wont notice enough difference to justify the cost sicne you cant plw through 3/4" mdf in one shot, let alone a steel bar.

so basically, it extends the limits of what can be done on the machine.
    the drawbacks of course are that you need a 4th ballscrew, motor, drive, and a controller than will run it (mach3 can of course). so as usual, its more better, for more money

I did some engraving last night with a lot of really small arcs. My pc cannot handle it. Every time I tried it the pc locked up. One time it gave me a watchdog error. I tried 4 times with no luck, I can run a full program doing anything else with no issues. I think I need to build a new PC, I am using a gecko 540 and I want to stick with the Parallel port because I am familiar with it and do not have time to learn something else or buy more hardware.

Does anyone know if I can use a new AMD APU with intergrated graphics?

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-E350N AMD E-350D APU AMD A45 FCH Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo

That is the combo I am looking at, I have pretty much everything else besides the case here to build that.

I used the ASUS Atom boards all in one and never had a problem
    XZero cnc

I used the ASUS Atom boards all in one and never had a problem
    Did you test moving the 3D view in Mach3 while cutting on that PC ?

I decided to just build a regular PC, so bought all Intel. Mobo with Parallel port and a Sandy Bridge Dual core processor.

This way I do not have to worry about not having a fast enough computer. If my 10 year old Dell runs it, this should have no issues I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by bmalicoat View Post
    I decided to just build a regular PC, so bought all Intel. Mobo with Parallel port and a Sandy Bridge Dual core processor.

This way I do not have to worry about not having a fast enough computer. If my 10 year old Dell runs it, this should have no issues I hope.
    Faster computers makes a big difference
    XZero cnc

Have special pricing now on Tekno 2.7 double bearing with ER20 collet.
    2.7hp double bearing was ER25 but now also ER20
    XZero cnc

Tekno Motor

Please PM me with the price of one shipped to USA 63303.
    Thanks Joe

George,
    Im still interested in a techno 2.7hp double bearing spindle. What is the latest deal?
    Cheers
    Rob

George,
    Im still interested in a techno 2.7hp double bearing spindle. What is the latest deal?
    Cheers
    Rob

Does anybody have a stand kit on his cnc.. (The one George is selling)
    I would like feedback to know if i am going with one...

you mean right angle and legs? what you want to know?
    i think for price it was not bad. one improvement i would do is to somehow use stand steel beams to enhance machine rigidity too instead of separate reinforcement/channel for the machine. not up to date with recent design changes, perhaps this is already incorporated.

Does anybody have a stand kit on his cnc.. (The one George is selling)
    I would like feedback to know if i am going with one...

Quote Originally Posted by azam1959 View Post
    you mean right angle and legs? what you want to know?
    i think for price it was not bad. one improvement i would do is to somehow use stand steel beams to enhance machine rigidity too instead of separate reinforcement/channel for the machine. not up to date with recent design changes, perhaps this is already incorporated.
    Yes the corner set.
    Will get a raptor and don't like my home build wood table.

I would like to see one assembled

I would like to use aluminum square tubes.
    What do you mean by "stand steel"?
    English is not my language

you posted table pictures about a year ago, right?

i have the same arrangement you are thinking and am happy with it.

i can use few more words to explain my message. I had corners and legs from George and spend about 450 dollars to get the tubes (i do have large table). these tubes are not doing anything to make my machine more rigid. am i clear?
    let me say few more words (english is my fourth language) i had to use steel channels to make my machine rigid and if i have to redo the assembly i will sit and think of way to use the steel tubes to make the stand structure and also use these tubes in some way to make machine more rigid. hope this message is clear.
    third try ... instead of using steel channel to reinforce the table and using the steel tube to make the table structure i will only use tubes (or channel) ... guess much easy to do quarterbacking ....

Yes the corner set.
    Will get a raptor and don't like my home build wood table.

I would like to see one assembled

I would like to use aluminum square tubes.
    What do you mean by "stand steel"?
    English is not my language

Quote Originally Posted by azam1959 View Post
    you posted table pictures about a year ago, right?

i have the same arrangement you are thinking and am happy with it.

i can use few more words to explain my message. I had corners and legs from George and spend about 450 dollars to get the tubes (i do have large table). these tubes are not doing anything to make my machine more rigid. am i clear?
    let me say few more words (english is my fourth language) i had to use steel channels to make my machine rigid and if i have to redo the assembly i will sit and think of way to use the steel tubes to make the stand structure and also use these tubes in some way to make machine more rigid. hope this message is clear.
    third try ... instead of using steel channel to reinforce the table and using the steel tube to make the table structure i will only use tubes (or channel) ... guess much easy to do quarterbacking ....
    Yes i currently have a Viper X2 40x48.
    But i will change to a smaller but stronger Raptor 24x36 very soon.

I do understand now.
    The way the stands are made it don't add any rigidity to the CNC.
    I am not sure how it could add rigidity.. cause i would like it to do that too..

Are you bolted on the stand ? (The slot in each corner)

if tubes are placed inside the end profile and you are willing to give up few inches of x axis, this can be done ... at least on paper :-) clear? instead of legs on the corner, legs are inside the end profile and two end plates.
    i used bolts to assemble the stand. was pretty straight forward.

Yes i currently have a Viper X2 40x48.
    But i will change to a smaller but stronger Raptor 24x36 very soon.

I do understand now.
    The way the stands are made it don't add any rigidity to the CNC.
    I am not sure how it could add rigidity.. cause i would like it to do that too..

Are you bolted on the stand ? (The slot in each corner)

Page 159 of 226 59109149157158159160161169209