586,647 active members*
1,973 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: XZero CNC

Page 99 of 226 4989979899100101109149199
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4515
    Quote Originally Posted by gio666 View Post
    The Stinger machine you sell is nowhere near the Raptor machines, The Raptor machine is every way can outperform the Stinger.
    I looked at the Stinger before I got my Raptor. Nearly bought one, but they were in the process of a move at the time and orders were going to be slow from what they told me. I liked it, and they make them within easy driving distance for me. But the price of the Raptor outweighed the convenience and I bought one. Took awhile to get the Raptor too--guess that's the way it goes when you have a popular product. It was worth the wait.

But George is right--the Stinger isn't anywhere near the machine that the Raptor is. Still a nice machine, but the new Raptors have them beat by a pretty good margin, and that's before figuring price into the equation. I'm glad that Camaster was running slow when I was looking to buy. I'd have probably been happy with the Stinger, but would be several thousand poorer and wouldn't have the machine that I do today.

Assembly of the Raptor isn't quite a no-brainer, but it's close. It's not a kit, but it's very straight forward to assemble and George was good about answering questions when they came up (I had very few). Took me an afternoon to put together and I was up and cutting wood. Not bad at all, and certainly nothing to fear. If you can't put one of these together, you probably shouldn't be trying CNC to begin with!

Dave

With all machines i have changed stuff to make them better and easier for shipping and put together. Change stuff even to the Z axis stronger that are now coning out.All machines now have mounting for prox switches and cable chain even on Z axis.
    As with lots of the company's i deal with ,none wanted to make extra parts or stock parts because i change design all the time and they don't want to be stuck with shelf of parts not going to be used.But with only a few minor changes on the ones coming out now, the machines won't change and will soon be lots of parts and everything is going to change.Now that nothing changing i even have a company that is going to make the harness for them.So it will even make it a lot easier to put together
    XZero cnc

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    at the begginning of the video is the list of parts and where i get them

CAMaster workholding - YouTube

track is here

T-Track and T-Track Accessories

sorry george if you felt like i was plugging the intent was to show work holding to assist one of your customers, i am sure you want the best for them
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Quote Originally Posted by theremin View Post
    I looked at the Stinger before I got my Raptor. Nearly bought one, but they were in the process of a move at the time and orders were going to be slow from what they told me. I liked it, and they make them within easy driving distance for me. But the price of the Raptor outweighed the convenience and I bought one. Took awhile to get the Raptor too--guess that's the way it goes when you have a popular product. It was worth the wait.

But George is right--the Stinger isn't anywhere near the machine that the Raptor is. Still a nice machine, but the new Raptors have them beat by a pretty good margin, and that's before figuring price into the equation. I'm glad that Camaster was running slow when I was looking to buy. I'd have probably been happy with the Stinger, but would be several thousand poorer and wouldn't have the machine that I do today.

Assembly of the Raptor isn't quite a no-brainer, but it's close. It's not a kit, but it's very straight forward to assemble and George was good about answering questions when they came up (I had very few). Took me an afternoon to put together and I was up and cutting wood. Not bad at all, and certainly nothing to fear. If you can't put one of these together, you probably shouldn't be trying CNC to begin with!

Dave
    dave i would like to invite you to the aspire camp in march if you are in the south, it is a cnc event for owners of all types of machines, what cad cam are you using? actually shopbot and others are bringing machines maybe you could bring yours it is a well publicized event!!

sorry george if you felt like i was plugging the intent was to show work holding to assist one of your customers, i am sure you want the best for them
    Wow cabnet , you sure know how to try and change stories around, it has to do with post on other threads as you know they all got removed. You know which threads they where. It has nothing to do with post on XZero thread.
    I see your also a manipulator,when you know where it is coming from.
    Funny all my post got removed but not yours
    XZero cnc

All machines soon will have the Artcam software with them , and also very good pricing on their new software that is Superior product
    XZero cnc

Sorry I asked the question that lead to all this. Let's get back on track. Here is a short video of my first cut.

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/2f32a2ab.mp4

The Viper is working nice, and I will be making plane parts soon! I would recommend this machine for anyone wanting to get their feet wet in CNC.

Brian P.

dave i would like to invite you to the aspire camp in march if you are in the south, it is a cnc event for owners of all types of machines, what cad cam are you using? actually shopbot and others are bringing machines maybe you could bring yours it is a well publicized event!!
    Thanks for the invite--If I'm free, I'd like to make it down. Couldn't really bring my machine--I don't have a doorway big enough to get it out of the shop. I built it in there and it would have to be disassembled to leave! My granddad did that once with a boat he built, but that's another story....

I'm using Rhino and Madcam, though I sometimes use Vcarve Pro for 2D stuff. Aspire looks like nice software, and the Vectric folks are great. But for the stuff I'm doing, Rhino and Madcam are a great combination.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Padovini View Post
    Sorry I asked the question that lead to all this. Let's get back on track. Here is a short video of my first cut.

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/2f32a2ab.mp4

The Viper is working nice, and I will be making plane parts soon! I would recommend this machine for anyone wanting to get their feet wet in CNC.

Brian P.
    Nice Brian, very nice! Okay, now you got me curious, are you using EPS or EPP foam on the RC planes? Are you cutting out the full fuselage and wings using the CNC machine? Reason I ask is I'm also into RC flying, have been for years and now with FPV and OSD it's even better. Super job, and thanks for sharing the building progress.

I currently build and fly DLG's (discus launched gliders) I have been doing production with a CNC Hotwire system for about two years. I mainly use Foamular 600 for all my parts. I purchased this router to learn the ropes of molded parts. If your over on RCGroups, my screen name is I_Can't_Fly

Brian P.

If anyone looking for wireless pendent , you can email me for info.

XZero cnc

Quote Originally Posted by theremin View Post
    Thanks for the invite--If I'm free, I'd like to make it down. Couldn't really bring my machine--I don't have a doorway big enough to get it out of the shop. I built it in there and it would have to be disassembled to leave! My granddad did that once with a boat he built, but that's another story....

I'm using Rhino and Madcam, though I sometimes use Vcarve Pro for 2D stuff. Aspire looks like nice software, and the Vectric folks are great. But for the stuff I'm doing, Rhino and Madcam are a great combination.

Dave
    you are welcome, i am all for promoting cnc for anyone who has a desire, i do a lot for local schools to expose students to manufacturing. it all matters. you are welcome any time

jim

Thanks cabnet636 for sharing [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEJ6rRgFfT4"]CAMaster workholding - YouTube[/ame] I just wish you would show the correct way.

No one doing precise work clamps with a piece of wood as a work stop or for location. On long pieces you forgot to mention that the downward force on the edges from the clamp will bow the center up, but what do I know I've only been a programer & machinist for 19 years. I hope you don't teach these methods in your classes.

As far as the T-track what a joke. That will not last nor give repeatable outcome. Aluminum jig plate on top will serve you much better. Yes it cost more but why half @ss anything from this point on. You did spend the money for a cnc.

Eric

I didn't hear him say this was the ultimate way to do it.
    He just showed some clamp types he uses. If most of what he cuts is wood etc, then I see no reason why those won't work. He was trying to be helpful.
    I don't use them yet, but I like those Grizzly cam clamps. They do look very useful.
    Lee

Hello LeeWay.

OK. Why not show or teach the ultimate way? Then let the person decide how to best do it. I never said the Grizzly cam clamps were bad. Take a look at Mitee-Bite The site will show different methods to locate and hold your work piece. I pointed out what to look out for when using edge clamps on wood (bowing). I'm trying to share my 19 years of experience. I hate to see others make mistakes that I've made. The only way to get get better is to learn from your mistakes, even better to learn from others mistakes. I have found learning from others mistakes saves time and money.

Eric

There is an art to work holding. Each different machine type as well as materials being cut may all use different types of things to hold work. Some don't even hold the work like a plasma cutter. It can be as simple as double sided tape to as extravagant as you want to go. I have a book on Jigs and Fixtures that is quite interesting, but deals mainly with mills.
    Routers actually need much different holding methods, though sometimes the same can be used on either depending on what it is.

Hobby routers need even cheaper hold downs or at least they can get by with them. They aren't faced with the need for high speed, high hold, high accuracy hold downs that a pro shop might require.

In the video, he explains some of the good and bad of each type. That is pretty helpful and informative I think. Yes wood can bow with certain types of hold downs. Those same types are used in work benches all over the world though in the form of bench dogs. The key to them is to get the right amount of pressure without bowing. Sort of a happy medium.

Some simply cannot afford the best hold downs. I am in that group myself and have had to come up with a number of obscure hold down jigs and fixtures. The old working adage that you can never have too many clamps also applies to cnc machines I think.
    Lee

LOL. No art to it. You hold it the correct way or you don't. I wish you the best leeway.

actually both are right, my primary table is a vac setup with a large regen system, (nesting cabinetparts) what you are seeing is an overlay table meant for mdf, foam 3d and light smaller work, today i was in a large shop (Nascar) in mooresville nc these fellows had some serious machinery, probably like that that our friend iknowyoudo has been working with, my table is a 1" mdf with the ttrack inlayed and through bolted for lighter use it sits on top of my spoilboard, i got tired of screw holes in my mdf vacuum tops, what both of you are saying is correct and there are quite a few methods available in cnc, golden rule is "if you can hold it still you can machine it" now comes all the elements, if i was working metal it would be a different setup.

No. You are mistaken. It is an art. Not something you might get taught in an Art school of course, but in effect, you must often visualize what is unseen. How to hold the part with the resources at bay. The hobbiest has different resources than does a large company. The need is that the part not move during machining. Whatever works, does the job.
    Lee

Instructions Viper machines.

Attached Files Attached Files
    XZero cnc

Page 99 of 226 4989979899100101109149199