I recently purchased an '87 b'port r2e3 cnc milling machine. It has had some modifications, prior to my purchasing it.The original monitor and keyboard have been replaced. The new monitor is still mounted in the cabinet, like oem, and the keyboard has been changed to a wireless scorpius P20, hand held unit. It has had a Hitachi veriphase unit installed, so as to operate on 2 phase wiring. I am not aware that any of the pc components have been upgraded or replaced.
I have been using it for a while. It has been slow to respond to keyboard strokes for some time, and just started not responding at all. I tried replacing the batteries (keyboard), unplugging the dongle and replacing it, the same on the pigtail that comes out of the usb at the pc. Purchased a new keyboard, still no change.
A discription the booting process is as follows:
1 start pc
2 wait for pc to boot through to " press any key"
3 this give a blue screen with "file" in the upper left corner and other choices across the top.
4 toggle "mouse" up to "file"
5 left mouse click to open editor

The pc boots through to "press any key" and stops.
The first time this happened, I got through to the blue screen and couldn't open the editor, but I could get to f8, which is the "jog" mode and all the axis would move. anybody have any ideas????