**** mods; sorry this should probably be moved to general-metworking-machines

I have been looking into buying a mill for hobby/small business use. I was looking for a bridgeport series1, intending to use geckos and mach1. I just came across a local Hitachi Seiki vk45. Looksl ike it has potential to be the cats ass and it is within my budget. However as I have not used or do not own a mill, I am not sure what questions to ask. If I go look at it I will take a friend with me who is experienced and will do all the talking, but I am just wondering if this is a unit that I should even consider? Is this a candidate for conversion to pc control if it has/develops issues? It was recently taken off of production due to purchase of a new machine; it apparantly had no issues when it was taken offline.

I realize it is probably way more machine than I need and this post may be humerous to some, but the price seems inexpensive (I believe due to the lack of market locally for a machine of this type) and may allow me to grow my business a lot quicker than anticipated. So, please educate me on this.

thanks guys
Matt