586,096 active members*
3,588 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Can not figure out Yasnak control panel on Matsuura MC-500V

Can not figure out Yasnak control panel on Matsuura MC-500V

So I have experience on HAAS control, Fanuc control and Fadal control panels. I recently purchased a Matsuura MC500V with a Yasnak control panel. This is my very first machine purchase, and would like to use it to make me some money. I can get the machine to Jog in all three axes, but I can not figure out anything else on the machine. I know my g and m code back and forth, I have read the manual given to me with the machine. I just cant seem to get the hang of it! Can anyone recommend any tips or tricks, or possibly a service in Southern California that might help me out? I would really like to get this machine cutting some metal. Thanks in advance.

First you need to home the axis. Flip switch for "zero return" and jog all axis til they stop. The lights for each axis will light up when they hit their limits. I then do g92 on all, and use this for machine zero. All my programs pull up fixture offsets, found in "settings" a few down. Youll have to look in the manual for what setting for which axis, under different g codes.

Programs are named "O####" The first is not a zero, but a letter O.

Also, these controller do not like spindle control on the same line as coolant control. IE m3 s1000 m8 will not work, it will error.

Hopefully this helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian FRF View Post
    First you need to home the axis. Flip switch for "zero return" and jog all axis til they stop. The lights for each axis will light up when they hit their limits. I then do g92 on all, and use this for machine zero. All my programs pull up fixture offsets, found in "settings" a few down. Youll have to look in the manual for what setting for which axis, under different g codes.

Programs are named "O####" The first is not a zero, but a letter O.

Also, these controller do not like spindle control on the same line as coolant control. IE m3 s1000 m8 will not work, it will error.

Hopefully this helps a little.
    I cant even make the spindle turn on in MDI with a simple s100 m3 line. It keeps giving me alarm 23 or 14. I assume it is because I have not homed my axes?

Brian=AWESOME. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by produca2 View Post
    I cant even make the spindle turn on in MDI with a simple s100 m3 line. It keeps giving me alarm 23 or 14. I assume it is because I have not homed my axes?
    I believe the spindle wont turn on until it has been homed.

I also always put the m command before the speed, but I dont know that it matters either. ie "m3 s100"

I also always put the m command before the speed, but I dont know that it matters either. ie "m3 s100"
    I have not tried that yet. I will this evening.

ok...so I got it to move to the home position, and got the spindle to fire up and got a tool change out of it! YES!! thanks for your help guys. The PDF from BrianFRF was a godsend! Thank you Thank you! If anyone else has any other tips/tricks I might want to need or want to know about I would be glad to hear them.

ok...so I got it to move to the home position, and got the spindle to fire up and got a tool change out of it! YES!! thanks for your help guys. The PDF from BrianFRF was a godsend! Thank you Thank you! If anyone else has any other tips/tricks I might want to need or want to know about I would be glad to hear them.
    Always amazes me that the stupidest stuff is never in the manuals. I found that PDF when I first got this machine, and helped me the same as you! "turn the machine, flip this, push that."
    Have fun making chips!

Oh, FWIW, after milling circles, youll need g1 or g00. And m3, m8 must be on separate lines, as with m5, m9.

And if you havent found them yet, look for g54-g59, fixture offsets. Then all your offsets are off home position. So you can turn the machine off, turn it back on, home, and start running again. No need to find zero on your part, its stored as a fixture offset.

Always amazes me that the stupidest stuff is never in the manuals. I found that PDF when I first got this machine, and helped me the same as you! "turn the machine, flip this, push that."
    Have fun making chips!

Oh, FWIW, after milling circles, youll need g1 or g00. And m3, m8 must be on separate lines, as with m5, m9.

And if you havent found them yet, look for g54-g59, fixture offsets. Then all your offsets are off home position. So you can turn the machine off, turn it back on, home, and start running again. No need to find zero on your part, its stored as a fixture offset.
    So instead of an m30 I need a g1 or g00 at the end of my program?sounds like I am gonna have to make a new post for mastercam.....

So instead of an m30 I need a g1 or g00 at the end of my program?sounds like I am gonna have to make a new post for mastercam.....
    Sorry, that reads a bit confusing.
    End of the program is still m30.

If you are using mastercam it will take care of this. However many controllers Ive used dont require a g1, after a circular mill, g2/g3. Yasnac does. Its confusing because the error will show up, highlighting the g2/g3, and its actually because a g1 is missing from the next line. Does that make sense?

GOTCHA! I was thinking I had attached myself to an alien control panel I was going to have to learn an entire new language to control! lol. Thanks for clearing that up.

Can not figure out Yasnak control panel on Matsuura MC-500V

Quote Originally Posted by produca2

I sent you a PM. I have Mastercam posts for this machine.

John

Brian, I have a 3000g control on mine, having trouble getting Z to a useable position. I think my problem is the correlation between using G92 with Z, and physically being unable to set H offset. Possible I could call so you could run me thru a hands on? Loren.

I don't know the control, but the M3 M8 not on the same line is a bit confusing. Some machines, who have these "feature" allow a M13/14 for a spindle start with coolant on.

If it's the 3000G control

I printed the manual, 220 pages or so complete.

Browse Controllers Downloads By Product Line

Quote Originally Posted by Doggitter View Post
    Brian, I have a 3000g control on mine, having trouble getting Z to a useable position. I think my problem is the correlation between using G92 with Z, and physically being unable to set H offset. Possible I could call so you could run me thru a hands on? Loren.
    Doubt Ill be much help, never used that control. For my 500v, I have to flip "zero return" switch. The go to jog. Jog Z down about 2", then back up, it moves slowly, then hits its limit switch, illuminates the "Z zero" light, and , atc, or tool change light as well. Do the same for each axis, all going in the positive direction. You need to start going towards positive zero, at least 2" from that zero. If you arent, jog negative a bit, then positive, otherwise it overruns the limit and gives you an error. I believe I have to zero z before I can zero x or y.

Get them all to zero, all 3 lights lit, then MDI, and program, hit reset, then g92 x0 y0 zo cycle start. might need an input or something like that before cycle start, I dont recall, I run that part on autopilot at this point.

H is set in "offsets" menu, dont need to worry about that til you can get the thing homed out and writing programs. Let me know if this helps, if not, maybe do the phone thing, but I will say Im no expert on these machines!

Got it, thanks. Been at it for 4 days and finally realized the process is even more basic than I'd have believed.

The way you stated was real close to what I found.
    Make sure the 3 axis aren't close to the 0RTN, turn on 0RTN switch, I use Rapid+ to zero all 3 and works great. Turn off 0RTN, go to MDI, G92 x0y0z0, Rapid away from 0RTN on all 3 axis, pick up x&y at the prefered 0 positions, write those position numbers down, touch all the tools for H offsets and write those Z position numbers down, go to offsets( I use D98 for x, and D99 for y) and put those respective numbers I wrote down in those two offsets, go to the H offset you chose and put those written numbers in. Ready to write the program.

First program I ran here on this thing was Fri. with a buddy doing most of it, yesterday I got one to run on my own but still couldn't get height set. Today I got that, figured out the programs and ran 4 different G2 and 3's milling OD and ID and chamfering a boss. Coming along nice now that I have the basics of the control started under my belt.