586,075 active members*
3,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Amada program transfer \ export

Hi guys I hope you can help.

A friend has started a new workshop.
    He has a Amada HFE100-3s press

He was given one USB stick to save\backup his programs but it's now full.

How can we imprt \ export more programs ? I have tried:

1. format command from the Amada screen (does not seem to format a fresh USB)

2. RS232 connection (all the PC software products ask for a 'send' command from the Amada <to set baud rates etc>- this is not in the Amada menu)

3. Cat 5 network setup ( I have created a 'mock up' of the Amada installation on an old PC, the TCP\IP initialisation files appear to missing as does the C:\reseau folder and files)

Now, my friend has been told he needs a £1k upgrade for this RS232 to work, is this correct ?

Thanks in anticipation, as his 'computer' savvy pal, I'm expected to sort this, LOL

cheers

Miff
    (York area - UK)

is not correct. I guess, You better spend £15 on computer education. Perhaps You can read/ write USB memory stick on PC. You can use bigger USB memory stick. First of all, You need to train a little bit to work with PC. You're not familiar, easy to see from Your post. What is control of this HFE? What capacity of USB memory stick? What amount of files to be transfered?

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    is not correct. I guess, You better spend £15 on computer education. Perhaps You can read/ write USB memory stick on PC. You can use bigger USB memory stick. First of all, You need to train a little bit to work with PC. You're not familiar, easy to see from Your post. What is control of this HFE? What capacity of USB memory stick? What amount of files to be transfered?
    You having a laugh ?

Tried a USB cable?

Chances are your PC will auto detect the hardware in your press and allow you to access it like you would an SD card on your digital camera.

If the stick is full and you want to save the files on it why don't you stuff it into a PC and drag the files you want to keep onto your hard disk.... then delete the contents of the stick using windows explorer instead of trying to format it.

All the problems we have experienced with RS232 have all been down to software driver issues.... it sounds pretty dodgy to charge a grand for a simple windows RS232 driver?!

You having a laugh ?
    not at all. I'm serious. I meet a lot of clients, who infamiliar with IT. Your call for help is highly emotional, but it doesn't answers technical requirements. Have You read what I asked? It could help to help You.

Quote Originally Posted by Signmaker View Post
    Tried a USB cable?

Chances are your PC will auto detect the hardware in your press and allow you to access it like you would an SD card on your digital camera.

If the stick is full and you want to save the files on it why don't you stuff it into a PC and drag the files you want to keep onto your hard disk.... then delete the contents of the stick using windows explorer instead of trying to format it.

All the problems we have experienced with RS232 have all been down to software driver issues.... it sounds pretty dodgy to charge a grand for a simple windows RS232 driver?!
    Cheers for the reply, perhaps I havent made myself clear. (Forget the PC. )

As you say, we can drag the programs off the USB to a spare PC, but were hoping to either:

a) Have a number of USB sticks to load the programs or:
    b) Use the RS232 from a PC to perform the backup / transfer.

our issue is:

The Amada and the USB will each only hold around 60 programs.

On the Amada, the menu only has a 'format FD (Floppy disk) option.

It will recogise only the USB stick supplied by the Amada dealer and transfer programs, but ther's no facility to format any of the USB sticks we have bought.

We have formatted the USB stick on a PC to Fat16 exactly the same as the supplied one but it is not recognised on the Amada.

Regarding the RS232 connection, all the software products ask for a 'send' command to be sent from the Amada <to set baud rates etc>- but this is not in the Amada menu.

any ideas ?

[QUOTE=Signmaker;815212]Tried a USB cable?

QUOTE]

I will give this a whirl tho' : 0 )

Have a number of USB sticks to load the programs
    what is more reasonable:
    use one memory stick of bigger capacity
    or
    keep files on computer and use USB stick only for transfer
    or
    to buy more USB sticks from Amada?
    Use the RS232 from a PC to perform the backup / transfer
    this guy, who evaluated Your capability to launch RS232, understands Your computer knowledge. No offense, but You need understand IT to launch serial connection
    The Amada and the USB will each only hold around 60 programs
    it's a lot in my opinion. Speaking about capacity of "program" storage educated people use memory capacity expressions usually. It is kiloBytes MegaBytes and similar.
    On the Amada, the menu only has a 'format FD (Floppy disk) option
    cool, You can format floppies there.
    It will recogise only the USB stick supplied by the Amada dealer
    but this is the top! If this memory stick is readable on PC? So You're saying, that PC formatted USB stick works only on PC, but Amada control?
    What is Amada control?

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    (Miff_UK -The Amada and the USB will each only hold around 60 programs)
    it's a lot in my opinion. Speaking about capacity of "program" storage educated people use memory capacity expressions usually. It is kiloBytes MegaBytes and similar.

What is Amada control?
    Err, are you on the right forum?

You don't like me?
    Good luck